Last minute hotel availability info site

xyzzy

i used to use latestays a lot but then it seems they began to 'hide' their fees. if you compare booking sites, based upon the so-called "rates" they post you'll be sadly surprised at the end result when you get around to making your payment. agoda also has 'taxes and fees' but at latestays it just seems they show up later and they add up higher.

in general be aware of the "nett" price when booking online or you'll waste some time filling out the forms and sometimes just go with it rather than starting again when the sticker shot hits.

it's rare that the actual hotel sites--or even walking in to the hotel itself--will beat the bargain sites (agoda, latestays, expedia) but it does happen. i guess it just depends on how much work you're willing to do before you book--and to top it off, the prices will literally fluctuate--much as airline prices do--and you might see a change of 20% between a monday morning and a tuesday night, at the same website--for a room you won't occupy for another 2-3 weeks, so once you do your comparisons, go back a couple times. because you just never know what might turn up...

I always considered latestays as a tool for those making late reservations during busy holidays just to see what is available. I haven't frequently tried Agoda but the few times I have after the fees and taxes I never found a savings over booking direct. I've never even tried on latestays. But I'm sure at the right time/place it happens. Just never anything I checked on. But it is worth checking the hotel price directly and comparing with Agoda (or the booking site of your choice).

Agoda's agreement with hotels is that hotels wont undercut Agoda through direct bookings. But they can find ways! eg by offering free wifi to direct bookers, but not to Agoda customers. Or doing a 'corporate' rate :hi:

I have used Latestays. It is a very user-friendly way of checking availability / prices and it occasionally has some very good deals.