LB Bars & Other Popular Places with Wifi

bumblebee

Well with so many guys arriving in Patts in the coming days and weeks with various gadgets for getting online I reckon a thread with a list of LB venues and other popular places with free Wifi would not be a bad idea.

Personally I hope to do some reporting live-ish from the bars while we are out and about, so I have a keen interest in knowing how prepared I need to be.

While I am at it, can any of you guys recommend an internet provider who has some offer of a package of something like 20 or 30 hours of internet for a certain amount of Baht.

Thanks guys and look forward to your useful feedback.

Sorry - i really can't help since I don't take my high value kit to bars. Combine high value with natural and age related forgetfullness, alcohol and other "distractions" and I suspect that I would end up losing most of my portable kit!

However, I do take my stuff to coffee shops. Benjamin's (between the patch of land where they hold the Tuesday and Friday Soi Buckhao market and Pattaya Tai) has free wifi and excellent coffee, Au bon pain at the Avenue has (or certainly had) free wifi - Starbucks at the Avenue tried to charge me for wifi, but since I dislike starbuck's coffee, it was no problem to put them on my mental blacklist.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks Rick. All tips help indeed in building up a picture of where guys can get online while out and about in Patts. I am particularly keen to know if a signal can be picked up in Pattaya Beer Garden, Baby Boom, La Bamba, Famous, Sensations, Anaconda, Soi 6 and along Jomtien beach so we can do live updates.

Thanks Rick. All tips help indeed in building up a picture of where guys can get online while out and about in Patts. I am particularly keen to know if a signal can be picked up in Pattaya Beer Garden, Baby Boom, La Bamba, Famous, Sensations, Anaconda, Soi 6 and along Jomtien beach so we can do live updates.

BB l have spent amny hours on the net at PBG, noit to mention enjoying the sights. One of my favs is the starbucks at Tuk Com or the other coffee shop beside it. Staying around the corner it makes for a relaxing hang out.

Cheers,

See you in the trenches in a couple.

ET

A new bar has opened up here in Jomtien in the Market Complex- Soi Rompho - not an LB Bar but the Cashier is an LB. and is very welcoming.

Bar called A-Ma-Ta Bar and is in the middle row nearly at the end of the bars. Last night there were a couple of visiting LB's. The bar has Free WiFi.

• Upvote 2

If not wifi you should be able to get a 3g signal on your phone BB, I get a thai sim with a good internet package. Got an AIS one at Suvi for 799bt that a large internet data allowance.

Cheers Kendo good to know. I just need some type of package to fill the gaps when I am neither in my room nor in a hot spot. I think there are also options to buy something like 20 or 30 hours, which would be sufficient also.

You can get an internet dedicated sim from 12 Call...But, the one I had only allows me to use my phone as a modem for my computer...and it's a dial up and very slow...Don't know how it might work with an android phone...There were no androids way back when I was using one...Maybe they have something new that works with the modern phones...Fairly inexpensive...about 500 bht a month for the service...Don't recall how much the sim cost...

• Upvote 1

Forget wifi - its historic these days. the whole of central Patttaya is now covered by 3G - however its fical (like a Ladyboy). Just buy an unlimited sim card on a data package and your all set. Less than 1000b month from what I could tell last time I looked. Nobody is installing Wifi anymore as its about to become redundant with the 3G rollout.

• Upvote 1

I've got a valid 1-2-call sim and when I come to Thailand I turn on a data package by just calling one of the phone numbers given here

http://www.ais.co.th/mobileinternet/en/internet-package/#2

I used to go for the 800/mo unlimited package but found that I really didn't use that much 3G as I'm usually around wifi..

So now I select the 350/mo 1gb package and never come close to using that much in a month.

I need to use a "volume based plant" rather than a "time based plan" since the iPhone is always connected to the internet to support its notification system.

Note that when you select a package they subscribe you to that package so AIS will continue to debit your account for the subscription amount automatically as long as you have a sufficient money on your card. So the secret is to make sure your balance is low enough when you leave Thailand..

• Upvote 2

A new bar has opened up here in Jomtien in the Market Complex- Soi Rompho - not an LB Bar but the Cashier is an LB. and is very welcoming.

Bar called A-Ma-Ta Bar and is in the middle row nearly at the end of the bars. Last night there were a couple of visiting LB's. The bar has Free WiFi.

Bar now changed name to Ma Mak Bar. Same owners as the one in Pattaya Plaza

• Upvote 2