Whats your Bacon Number?

deepthroat

(I tried this with Ron Jeremy - and yup, his Bacon Number is 2). DT

What's your "bacon number?" No, not how many slices you've eaten today. It's a new tool Google rolled out to end bar fights everywhere by figuring out how many degrees of separation someone is from -- yep, you guessed it -- Kevin Bacon.

For any of you kids out there who don't know the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon," this is a play on the John Guare play "Six Degrees of Separation," where any two people in the world are no more than six acquaintances or links from another person. In this case, it's within six degrees, or connections, of the actor Kevin Bacon, who has been in so many movies that pretty much anyone in Hollywood can be connected to him within six degrees.

The origins of the game may stem back to a January 1994 interview Bacon did with "Premiere" magazine, where he famously said that he's worked with pretty much everyone in Hollywood or someone who's worked with that person. Like many other great technology success stories, the game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" was started by a bunch of college students. Shortly after the Bacon interview aired, three students at Albright College were watching what could arguably be Bacon's most famous movie, "Footloose," and came up with the game, which they turned into their own "stupid party trick." That turned into a board game, a book, a charitable organization and now -- a Google (GOOG) tool.

Sure, you might say, this seems ridiculous, given how many real-world problems there are that require computer algorithms. But if you know anything about the Internet, it's loaded with cute cat videos, Rickrolling, honey badgers who don't give a ---- and other Internet memes that we spend large quantities of time doing online.

So guess what? Even if you poo-poo the idea as a waste of time, I guarantee you will bacon number somebody once ... or 17 times!

Here's how it works: Go to the Google home page and in the search field, type in the name of a celebrity followed by "bacon number." Instead of going 'round and 'round with friends about who was in what movie with whom, Google crunches the numbers for you and badda boom, badda LET'S DANCE! it spits out how many degrees of separation the person is from Kevin Bacon - their bacon number.

Consider yourself warned, the first 27 you do, will likely be twos.

Al Pacino is a two: Pacino and Robert Duvall were in "The Godfather." Duvall and Bacon were in "Jayne Mansfield's Car." Denzel Washington - also a two. Washington appeared with Ryan Reynolds in "Safe House" and Reynolds and Bacon were in "R.I.P.D."

Even CNBC's own Jim Cramer, host of "Mad Money," makes the baconator, clocking in at - you guessed it - a two! He was in "Iron Man" with Jeff Bridges and Jeff Bridges was in "R.I.P.D." with Kevin Bacon.

No matter how hard you try to stump it, it seems to give you two!

I think mine is a 10...maybe higher...

Never hung around with celebs nor to my knowledge anyone who has...And if I unknowingly have I will deny it...

Did see a movie of his once entitled Wild Things as I recall...it also starred Matt Dillon and a couple very hot girls...There is scene with him showering nude and when he turns to the camera you can see his almost hard cock...Nice cock as I recall and nice ass...I suppose if given the opportunity I'd fuck him...But then I suppose that would make me a 1...

I think mine is a 10...maybe higher...

Ah, but therein lies the magic of the Bacon Index. If Route 67 is correct and our mutual friend has worked with Kevin, thus reducing our Bacon Number to 2, that would mean your Bacon Number would be 3, as you know us. Or at least you know me. If I'm a 2 and you know me, then you're a 3.

You're closer to real celebrity (as in celebrity beyond that which you already enjoy in our little subculture) than you realize!

Think 6 degrees works for much of our planet though a newborn in a remote village in Botswana probably can't reach a newborn in the Outback in 6 and certainly not if a constraint is that Bacon must be the central node.

Perhaps more interesting to LBR Members is the lesser known Juri number. But the rules for this is you have to know the links in your chain in the biblical sense. Would imagine there's lots of 2's and almost every contributer to this thread would be at least a 4.

• 3 weeks later...

Bacon has been in 74 movies or tv shows. So it seems to me that any other current actor who has been in that many would have a similar degree of separation to as many other actors.

I got several 3s right off the bat by checking older actors. Never found an actor yet who's a 4 or higher.

• 3 years later...