Transgender Day Of Visibilty

Pdoggg

• 1 month later...

Texas. Merkka. 2019. Sad. 

This can happen anywhere as  neo-moralism and intolerance go hand in hand with the right winds we experience all over the world now.

Booker was the victim of a possible hate crime in April, when a group of men pushed her to the ground and started punching and kicking her as she lay curled up in a fetal position. A three-minute video of the parking-lot assault went viral, and she told police after the attack that her assailants shouted homophobic slurs. One man, Edward Thomas, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. He made bond and was released from jail, according to the Dallas Morning News, and police hadn’t yet determined whether the attack was a hate crime.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/43jn4w/the-young-trans-woman-beaten-in-a-viral-video-last-month-was-murdered-over-the-weekend?utm_source=dmfb&fbclid=IwAR00YUiFLmDZlSh-rdbolqA0KcOUrvi-X9XcuERE_kPouyWT3Iha8mTUs7A

1558363202773-Screen-Shot-2019-05-20-at-103445-AM.png.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mexico's transgender community in fear after second murder

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexicos-transgender-community-fear-second-054240661.html

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (Reuters) - The gruesome killing on Saturday of a second transgender woman in northern Mexico has unnerved the local transgender community and amplified calls for greater protections in the Latin American nation.

The murder of Leslie Rocha in the border city of Ciudad Juarez came days after a transgender civil society group staged a protest there to demand greater protection.

Those demands were sparked by the murder late of Ciudad Juarez-born transgender activist Mireya Rodriguez Lemus, whose body was found earlier this week in Aquiles Serdan, a town in the northern Chihuahua state.

A transgender woman in Ciudad Juarez, who declined to give her name, said people are "a little scared, a little terrified" to go out on the streets.

b02b347ba120bedc6c40f1097c61a26f.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

A trans woman said she was stopped by airport security after scanners flagged her body parts as 'an anomaly'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trans-woman-said-she-stopped-203420411.html

Rosalynne Montoya, a transgender Latinx model and activist, shared her uncomfortable experience going through airport security with her 481,000 TikTok followers on March 20.

Montoya, who uses she and they pronouns, said she normally has immense anxiety going through the security line. While her gender markers on her I.D. cards are correct, she usually sets off the scanner because of her body.

"But, going through the scanner, I always have an 'anomaly' between my legs that sets off the alarm."

Montoya told her followers the TSA agent scanned her again to no avail. After the second time, she told the agent she was trans and the agent used the "male" body scanner, which still went off because Montoya has breasts.

"Then she was like, 'OK, well we have to pat you down. Do you want a man to do it?' I said, 'No! Absolutely not," Montoya said.

61e430355b5dcae837cbd02e33eb3c94.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, seven said:

A trans woman said she was stopped by airport security after scanners flagged her body parts as 'an anomaly'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trans-woman-said-she-stopped-203420411.html

Rosalynne Montoya, a transgender Latinx model and activist, shared her uncomfortable experience going through airport security with her 481,000 TikTok followers on March 20.

Montoya, who uses she and they pronouns, said she normally has immense anxiety going through the security line. While her gender markers on her I.D. cards are correct, she usually sets off the scanner because of her body.

"But, going through the scanner, I always have an 'anomaly' between my legs that sets off the alarm."

Montoya told her followers the TSA agent scanned her again to no avail. After the second time, she told the agent she was trans and the agent used the "male" body scanner, which still went off because Montoya has breasts.

"Then she was like, 'OK, well we have to pat you down. Do you want a man to do it?' I said, 'No! Absolutely not," Montoya said.

61e430355b5dcae837cbd02e33eb3c94.jpg

I wonder if she would mind if I gave her a pat down?. I could get a job as a trans patter downer.