Home Spa/Zen Garden, where to get equipment and supplies?

ozzie

I have a spare room in my house and I am thinking of turning it into a home spa/zen garden area.

I am not really sure what I should put in it? Maybe some statues, water feature, rocks, artificial grass, indoor plants ....?

I already have a massage table. Anyone got any ideas?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ozzie said:

I am not really sure what I should put in it? Maybe some statues, water feature, rocks, artificial grass, indoor plants ....?

I already have a massage table. Anyone got any ideas?

I am about as far as you can get from being an interior design expert but I'll throw in my two baht.

I hate artificial grass.  Wateralls are cool.  There are some rocks outside my place that I like.

20220117_124225_copy_1209x1612.jpg

If a statue, only one, and only if it something that has special meaning or resonates with you.  Perhaps a special Buddha.  Or perhaps a bust of Stogie?   :db:

Plants if you like them and are willing to take care of them. Nothing artificial though.  

Perhaps an extremely comfy armchair, a place where you can contemplate while sipping tea. But no internet in your sanctuary.

Sounds are really important IMO.  I am very pleased with the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks 4 that I bought.  Great sound. Can Bluetooth classical or new age music.

I think the key is selecting stuff that you like rather than selecting things that seem as if they should go into such a room.

The room is indoors, right?

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I am about as far as you can get from being an interior design expert but I'll throw in my two baht.

I hate artificial grass.  Wateralls are cool.  There are some rocks outside my place that I like.

20220117_124225_copy_1209x1612.jpg

If a statue, only one, and only if it something that has special meaning or resonates with you.  Perhaps a special Buddha.  Or perhaps a bust of Stogie?   :db:

Plants if you like them and are willing to take care of them. Nothing artificial though.  

Perhaps an extremely comfy armchair, a place where you can contemplate while sipping tea. But no internet in your sanctuary.

Sounds are really important IMO.  I am very pleased with the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks 4 that I bought.  Great sound. Can Bluetooth classical or new age music.

I think the key is selecting stuff that you like rather than selecting things that seem as if they should go into such a room.

The room is indoors, right?

Hey mate. Yes room is indoors. Dimensions are 3.45m x 4.25m

I really like plants and have no problem taking care of them (read my maid will do that). I like those rocks but not sure how I would place them in the room as I wouldn't want to put them directly on the floor.

By the way the floor is tile unfortunately as it is the last room I have to do this in.

Or perhaps a bust of Stogie?

That dart board is in another room :biggrin:

I will certainly have speakers for relaxing/meditation music and sounds.

I really want a water feature.

water feature.jpg

• Like 1