property in Samui

Throwing this one out to the expats living full time in Thailand, particularly those who still have their finger on the pulse of the business community. Any advice given will be rewarded with beer. :drinks:

I am trying to sell my house in Samui, and despite several Google searches and various rummages around several websites, I am still unclear to the ins and outs. In particular

What are the general agent fees/commissions for undertaking the advertising and sale of the property. I know these may vary, but does anybody know an average rate?

What taxes will I have to pay? My solicitor has given me some advice, but it seems to contradict what is said on the various websites. For example, I have been told if I have a foreign exchange certificate, all money will be repatriated without tax liability, but otherwise I will have to prove nil taxable profit from my company accounts????

SBT (Special Business Tax) I was under the impression this was due to be paid by the seller on slaes transactions, however on going though my initial accounts, it appears I paid this as a buyer when I purchased the house!!

Any other unforeseen taxes or fees I should prepare myself for on successful sale of the property.

p.s the property is a house, not a condo, which I believe has slightly different legislation than selling a condo. I bought the house in 2008, and don't expect to make any, or certainly very little profit from the sale in terms of Thai Baht, so if there is a profit tax I would expect this to be negligable.

As I say guys, any help will be appreciated, and will result in beers bought.

Hugs and kisses, love you lots,

Ciobha

There was a guy on the old Ladyboy Forums who just built a house there within the past 2 or 3 years....his name there was Foggy.....maybe PD or someone else here on this forum knows him personally and could help steer you in regards to getting in touch with him?

He must know the system a little bit......

• 3 weeks later...

Throwing this one out to the expats living full time in Thailand, particularly those who still have their finger on the pulse of the business community. Any advice given will be rewarded with beer. :drinks:

I am trying to sell my house in Samui, and despite several Google searches and various rummages around several websites, I am still unclear to the ins and outs. In particular

What are the general agent fees/commissions for undertaking the advertising and sale of the property. I know these may vary, but does anybody know an average rate?

What taxes will I have to pay? My solicitor has given me some advice, but it seems to contradict what is said on the various websites. For example, I have been told if I have a foreign exchange certificate, all money will be repatriated without tax liability, but otherwise I will have to prove nil taxable profit from my company accounts????

SBT (Special Business Tax) I was under the impression this was due to be paid by the seller on slaes transactions, however on going though my initial accounts, it appears I paid this as a buyer when I purchased the house!!

Any other unforeseen taxes or fees I should prepare myself for on successful sale of the property.

p.s the property is a house, not a condo, which I believe has slightly different legislation than selling a condo. I bought the house in 2008, and don't expect to make any, or certainly very little profit from the sale in terms of Thai Baht, so if there is a profit tax I would expect this to be negligable.

As I say guys, any help will be appreciated, and will result in beers bought.

Hugs and kisses, love you lots,

Ciobha

Hi Ciobha,

May i ask which area is your house?

HR

It is in the Bophut area, about 5 minutes from Fisherman's village.If you are familiar with that area, about 200 yards before you come to the traffic lights to turn down to Fishermans village, there is a soi on the right hand side of the road called "soi sundae". My house is just up there in a complex of about 40 bungalows.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

It is in the Bophut area, about 5 minutes from Fisherman's village.If you are familiar with that area, about 200 yards before you come to the traffic lights to turn down to Fishermans village, there is a soi on the right hand side of the road called "soi sundae". My house is just up there in a complex of about 40 bungalows.

Cheers.

Hi Ciobha,

Sorry for my late reply.

i know this soi..very nice bungalows and good area between Bophut and Chaweng.

Cheers

HR