English/Thai translator device

Foggy

Im trying to buy a translator but coming up against Thai staff and brick walls.. which is the same thing really. :wacko:

I just wanted some thing that will, when I type a word or sentence in, in English will show me and speak the equivalent in Thai.

Is there anything that anyone knows of here in Thailand

Cheers Foggy

• Upvote 1

Im trying to buy a translator but coming up against Thai staff and brick walls.. which is the same thing really. :wacko:

I just wanted some thing that will, when I type a word or sentence in, in English will show me and speak the equivalent in Thai.

Is there anything that anyone knows of here in Thailand

Cheers Foggy

There's a zillion hand held language translators & electronic dictionaries out there right now & you'll usually find them in book stores (best options & best advice) or any of these concessionary areas where all the phone shops are, but the choices are pretty overwhelming & just knowing where to start can be a nightmare in itself.

The prices have really come down on these machines in recent years & basic 'useful' models can start about 3,000 baht.

From what I've gathered 'Etaco' are leading the way right now with really intuitive machines that actually have learning programs built in with really good audio systems, but I really don't think that they'll be cheap. Other than that I think you'll find CYBERDICT, VOCAL 5011, COMET & PARTNER offer cheaper options which are more than adiquate or failing that I'm pretty sure that you can get downloads for iphones.

Hopefully that's of some help? :hi:

• Upvote 1