Changing Baht to Pounds

Foggy

Im going to the Uk in a few days and need to change Baht to pounds.

I have a Siam Commercial bank account.

Anyone have any ideas on the best place or way to get a good rate ??

Thank u in advance

Hi Foggy,

I find that a licensed moneychanger that is inside an antique store on 2nd Road between Soi 16 and Soi VC in Pattaya gives excellent rates. It is on the side of 2nd Road away from the beach. They have great rates posted to begin with but I ask if they can do a little better and they generally give me a few extra ticks.

When I have to change baht to dollars for Cambodian trips that's where I go. I get brand new crispy US dollars in whatever denomination I choose.

I would assume, but am not sure that they also have GBP.

Hi Foggy,

I find that a licensed moneychanger that is inside an antique store on 2nd Road between Soi 16 and Soi VC in Pattaya gives excellent rates. It is on the side of 2nd Road away from the beach. They have great rates posted to begin with but I ask if they can do a little better and they generally give me a few extra ticks.

When I have to change baht to dollars for Cambodian trips that's where I go. I get brand new crispy US dollars in whatever denomination I choose.

I would assume, but am not sure that they also have GBP.

what about euros to baht,does he give better rate than the atm machine?

Here is a link to SCB forex exchange rates - both to and from Baht for major currencies. SCB Forex Rates. You can check if PDogg's licensed money changer gives better rates for buying pounds or Euros.

In Bangkok VASU money changer on Sukhumvit Soi 7 gives better rates when buying Baht than the banks - I am not sure whether the same is true for buying Pound/Euro/Dollars but they are worth a try if you are in BKK. Be aware they deal in cash transactions only, no debit cards or traveler's cheques. Here are the contact details:

Tel: +66 (0)2 253 1706

fax: +66 (0)2 253 1708

Email: vasu1990@hotmail.com

1.jpg