New Year's Eve In Pattaya

pdogg

Had a smashing New Year's Eve in Sodom By The Sea.

Pattaya Beer Garden is perhaps the best venue in which to hang and see the fireworks on NYE if you have a date. What a view and cheap as chips.

Have never seen a longer fireworks display. To the north of beer garden fireworks are going off starting in the early evening, some professional, some relatively primitive rocket launchers. It starts at sundown and keeps building and building as it approaches midnight, the crescendo starting around 11:50 like a ladyboy cock about to explode with love juice. At midnight the fireworks commence at Bali Hai on the other side of PBG. So you have amazing fireworks in every direction.

You have to get there early to get a table though. When i arrived at 9:30 all the tables were taken and fierce competition for the remaining ones. At around 10:30 they stopped letting people, a good idea as overcrowding diminishes the experience.

Great fireworks on a par with the 4th of July in Manhattan in a beautiful setting. If PBG was in Miami there would be special New Year's pricing above and beyond the Stateside pricing. But the proprietor, Pattaya Pete, just kept business as usual for the most desirable fireworks watching venue in town.

It was a great way to ease into the evening.

Next was a Thai karoke joint on 3rd Road with a gaggle of ladyboys who don't work in bars and also my good buddy Route 67. Dancing, drinking, and toasting, we started the New Year with a bang. Music was not too loud and open air to the street giving a relaxed feel to the festivities. There is no doubt in my mind that most Thai ladyboys prefer these venues to the types of bars we falang generally frequent.

I more or less have given up trying to get guys to get off the beaten track, with a few notable exceptions such as EyeMahk and Terry the Plumber, most of us guys prefer the tried and true bars and gogos. A great time for the adventurous. But you can't go alone, you need to be a table where you know somebody.

Woke up with minimal hangover. New Year in New York in 10 minutes. Trust me, PBG is better than Times Square and the karoke joint better than teh New York afterparty.

Happy New Year friends!

Hifolks,couldnt make it to pattaya,but i spent NYE in snookyville cambodia...Thw Cambodian prime minister came to town,and the police closed the roads near the golden lion roundabout from early evening.There was a huge stage set up near the beach with cambos top entertainers giving a free show....most of it was in Khmer,so it was wasted on me.The beach was packed the full length,mainly with Khmer families ,though plenty of barangs also.....It was probably the most civilised NYE celelbrations ive ever been to(I was in Pattaya last NYE)...I never saw a single drunk,until this morning when I met several Russians on their way home at 9 o clock in the morning! Ya gotta love those Russkies..........by the way ...happy new year to everyone on this great forum........

Down here in Samui I ended up on Lamai beach at 12 with 2/300 other people watching the fireworks and goings on. All very nice and civilised.

Afterwards it was back to the bar for a few free drinks and food where my 'friend' of the evening works followed 3 hours later returning home for some much needed sleep and loving... :friends:

Happy new year to every one :drinks: