Hide My Ass

Pdoggg

:movethatass:

Hide My Ass

Earlier this year AVG acquired Privax, a global leader in personal privacy solutions. Privax is most known for their catchy-named product HideMyAss! Pro VPN, encryption service and the go-to tool if you want to mask your computer's fingerprint without any restrictions. You want to see if the prices in other geos are the same or you can get better offer as a foreigner? Or you want to visit someone's blog without them necessarily knowing it's you - say you're checking out your competition, potential love interest or an ex? This is the tool to use.

How does it work: It's like having a PO box on the internet - an address noone can trace back to you. Choose one of 113.990 IP addresses provided by HMA (over 880 VPN servers in 330 locations across 210 countries!) and you appear to be anywhere the server is located, allowing to access the Internet like a local, wherever you are in the world.

Start now and take part in XMAS special running till January 7!

For basic geo-restricted websites hola.org is the one I use all the time and it is free and simple to use. Sites such as BBC iPlayer, itvplayer, Daily Mail for outside the UK etc.. Works on all common browsers and smartphones.

However, if hiding your tracks (IP address) is what you're seeking then hola is not really what you want.

Instead, try CyberGhost, again it is free for a lite version. They even have a half price Christmas special available soon for the full version. You can also geo-locate by logging-in via your country of choice. The free version has limited bandwidth (but I still regularly achieved 5+Mb/s), no torrents and a cut-out after several hours usage, but can reconnect straight away.

• Upvote 2