Bar "Owner"on Premises or Not: Same Vibe?

bumblebee

With many of you guys visiting Thailand now and in the coming months is there a noticeable difference in the vibe of a bar when the host is there and away? Some guys have commented over the years that the staff in some venues can be a bit more "relaxed" shall we say when it comes to getting drinks served etc when the "owner" is not around.

• Upvote 2

Good point about certain ladyboy's not being on premises affecting the atmosphere also be it in a good or bad way. Going back to the original point I recall last year some of the guys heading to a well known bar one night and commenting the next day that the staff were just sitting around checking their smartphones and you would not see that if such n such had been there to keep them on their painted toes.

Good point about certain ladyboy's not being on premises affecting the atmosphere also be it in a good or bad way. Going back to the original point I recall last year some of the guys heading to a well known bar one night and commenting the next day that the staff were just sitting around checking their smartphones and you would not see that if such n such had been there to keep them on their painted toes.

One reason I don't go to the LB bars much- often staff is either aggressive with customers or ignoring them...