China Air Innovative Seating

Pdoggg

In Economy, China Air has a new thing called the Family Couch Seat.  Has anyone seen this?  Is this throughout the entire cabin?  If you could snag a row to yourself looks like a real score.  I've spread out before if I was the oly passenger in a row but this looks different.

Premium Economy has a 39 inch pitch.  I've never been a fan of Premium Economy as the slightly extra comfort usually doesn't justify the cost.  An exception would be the Air Asia emergency exit rows which are Premium Economy in disguise.  These seats cost about an extra 10 USD.  On a "longish" Air Asia flight, say from the LOS to the Philippines, an aisle seat with lots of legroom vs a middle seat with no legroom is worth the small extra cost IMO.

Right now China Air in conjunction with Vayama has a $50 coupon code for their San Fran flights to Bangers and Manila.  Not sure about other seats.

I saw this when I was recently checking out airfares. Only on the first 10 Economy rows on a 777. The foot rest comes up level with the seat to make a bigger bed.

" Either at the time of ticketing or during airport check-in, a family of three with one child under the age of 12 can purchase the Family Couch product for US$200 in addition to airfare; the cost is an additional US$500 for a group of two and an additional US$1,000 for a solo traveler."

post-345-0-40603000-1440195811_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

For me Premium Economy is not so much the added/extra comfort of seat pitch or leg room but the chance to rid myself of screaming babies and rambunctious kids. There is no guarantee of such but the chances are better since mothers with babies or families with toddlers seldom want to pay the extra fees for Premium. I'd rather a fat smelly slob next to me drooling than a fucking wailing baby or obnoxious kid. But that's my choice. Mileage may differ.