Mixed up priorities.

bumblebee

Last week I finally caught up with one of my closest friends, a guy I have known since 1986. I hadn't seen him for over 2 years, late July '09 to be precise. It was great to chat about old times and see how life was treating him. He is engaged now it turns out, and is building a new home, all quite interesting to me. We had intended to meet up at various times within the 2 year gap, but between one think and another it just did not happen.

Last April I traveled to Thailand (10,000 kms) and met up with some good friends I know from my times there. Ninevives came from Australia, as did Dav26. Foggy (England) traveled up from Samui for a meet up, and EyeMahk(USA) was in Hua Hin and Patts. I really get on great with these guys, and go out of my way to meet them whenever I can. I have known most of them for about 2 or 3 years now, and have meet them all at least twice in the period since I last met my Irish friend.

So what's the point of this post. Well it just struck me as funny, I travel all the way to Thailand to meet my new friends (basically strangers 3 years ago), and the common denominator that brought us all together is the fact we love cock. It took me 2 years to finally make the effort to see my mate, a guy I have shared some of the major events of the second half of my life with, and he lives only........ 5 kms away.

Mixed up priorities or what? :D

There are certain inflection points in life where all of a sudden there's an influx of friends from a new situation. In my case, college, certain jobs, church (not a typo, a good place to get laid), some new age activities, and Thailand.

At these inflection points, I tend to hang out with my old friends allot less.

So right now I'm in my Thai phase, OK some of that has to do with me living in the LOS.

But a few of my old mates are now becoming frequent Thailand vistors. One guy is coming over for three months every winter. Then there's this other guy who BB saw walking by on Soi 6 and comented that he loks more like a LB lover then an y of the gjys in Pook Bar that night, funny as hell since it's so true.

Priorties? Think with friendship we just have to go with the flow and right now many of us here are in our Thai phase.

• Upvote 1

There are certain inflection points in life where all of a sudden there's an influx of friends from a new situation. In my case, college, certain jobs, church (not a typo, a good place to get laid), some new age activities, and Thailand.

At these inflection points, I tend to hang out with my old friends allot less.

So right now I'm in my Thai phase, OK some of that has to do with me living in the LOS.

But a few of my old mates are now becoming frequent Thailand vistors. One guy is coming over for three months every winter. Then there's this other guy who BB saw walking by on Soi 6 and comented that he loks more like a LB lover then an y of the gjys in Pook Bar that night, funny as hell since it's so true.

Priorties? Think with friendship we just have to go with the flow and right now many of us here are in our Thai phase.

Good point there PD about the phases of life we go through regarding meeting new friends. I remember your friend on Soi 6 indeed, did he ever cross over to the right side?? :friends: