My island...

PANIC

Good old Greece...somehow that country has memmories nobody can forget.

Not only to us but almost all over the world. :rolleyes:

prepairing for the storm

I loved going there in my 20s, great place for a young dreamer, sailing around the islands, and the food, wonderful. Shame how things are there now, let's hope for a better future for the place. :friends:

Jeeeezus Panicos, I'm dumbstruck!!! What a lovely, lovely offer... Don't be surprised if I take you up on it man! :friends:

And yeah, it is a really small world my friend... (Coincidence number 38957595)... Yes, that was my old mates Dave & Gary who were the partners, with Glen, Rob and Markos the Greek DJ helping to run the whole show at Jody's Flat!

BTW, the Simon Templer 'Saint' car was the Volvo P1800, I used to collect classic cars & one of these babies was always right at the top of my list, but unfortunately in reality it was heavy, slow, bad handling & prone to rust, but hey, what a looker!.. But I'm sure that you'd meet nothing but nice people if you were driving one around!

(Coincidence number 86564568809683), Rodger Moore had a house around the corner from my flat in South London too!!!.. Anyway, he was the man back then & especially in black & white, I'm not sure that I'd have wanted to see it in colour?

I loved the Kings Rd as well (Coinsidence number 57656594604), however, I wasn't actually born until 1961, but I spent so much of my time hanging around there too, from getting in fights with 'Teddy boys' during the 'Punk Scene' in the late Seventies, right through to working around there during the late Eighties & Nineties... In would you believe, 'The Film Industry'... (Coincidence number 657647567). I was 'Art Department' & I was also a character animator.

Christ I'm jealous of you living just around the back of Harrod's!

Fabulous pictures man :clapping:

Do you know what I really loved about Lindos?.. The old Monestary & the Church, man that really gave you a feel of what the old 'Coptic' churches may have felt like.

BTW, I'm actually half Italian Panicos, but the family's from Naples, so that makes us of Greek extraction.:hi:

Finally here's the nasty photo of me sitting on the Acropolis, you can see the bay in the background... I'm the wide one sitting on the end wearing my old 'Dennis Hopper' avatar face, i was a fit bastard those days & I'd just climbed all the way up, the other two lazy bastards walked up... Anyway Dennis Hopper was my inspiration... For virtually everything!

post-224-083138900 1314713120.jpg

post-224-055810400 1314713156.jpg

post-224-056956400 1314713945.jpg

post-224-014184700 1314715167.jpg

Lung why you do this to me...bringing back those beautifull days with no worries,only finding ways to have a nice time...and we all did.

I LOVE OLD CARS,i also own an old porsche 914/6 (1970)since new (my first car).It was always parked down the Lindos big beach (opposite Palas beach)near Acropolis club(do you remember that club?)you might have seen it there,it was an attraction those days there.Anyway the offer to visit me still stands so think about it for next summer ok? I hope that i will see you in pattaya in febr the 3rd and then we could talk...dont forget that bumblebee is waitting to

hear the story about finding yourself on a tree...those days i dont believe that will ever come again.

Some old pics (when we were young) and some now

post-403-086532400 1314733975.jpg

post-403-095238800 1314733996.jpg

post-403-071928800 1314734027.jpg

post-403-015885000 1314734048.jpg

post-403-081524100 1314734072.jpg

post-403-081316800 1314734150.jpg

post-403-064490700 1314734166.jpg

post-403-031121200 1314734224.jpg

post-403-098252900 1314734349.jpg

post-403-008700000 1314734498.jpg

post-403-086041100 1314734636.jpg

Lung why you do this to me...bringing back those beautifull days with no worries,only finding ways to have a nice time...and we all did.

I LOVE OLD CARS,i also own an old porsche 914/6 (1970)since new (my first car).It was always parked down the Lindos big beach (opposite Palas beach)near Acropolis club(do you remember that club?)you might have seen it there,it was an attraction those days there.Anyway the offer to visit me still stands so think about it for next summer ok? I hope that i will see you in pattaya in febr the 3rd and then we could talk...dont forget that bumblebee is waitting to

hear the story about finding yourself on a tree...those days i dont believe that will ever come again.

Some old pics (when we were young) and some now

....Those were the days,the beautifull days.

Lung why you do this to me...bringing back those beautifull days with no worries,only finding ways to have a nice time...and we all did.I LOVE OLD CARS,i also own an old porsche 914/6 (1970)since new (my first car).It was always parked down the Lindos big beach (opposite Palas beach)near Acropolis club(do you remember that club?)you might have seen it there,it was an attraction those days there.Anyway the offer to visit me still stands so think about it for next summer ok? I hope that i will see you in pattaya in febr the 3rd and then we could talk...dont forget that bumblebee is waiting tohear the story about finding yourself on a tree...those days i dont believe that will ever come again. Some old pics (when we were young) and some now

Panicos, the world as just got a whole lot smaller, I don't just remember your car, the 914/6 was a real quirky little rarity & I'd only ever seen one other one in the flesh before then... But you face my friend, this is just way too much, I'm 97.5% sure that I remember that too, you're quite a distinctive looking bloke (the chick's quite distinctive too, BTW)! Shit, I really can't wait until February now... And I'm still thinking about next summer too! :air_kiss:

The Acropolis club sounds really familiar & I will have known it, I've just got to get my memory in gear a bit, was it run by two or three Greek guys, one of them named Philip?.. I remember 'Yannis' & 'Lindos by Night', those two names have stuck in my mind for some reason... There were some great bars in that town!

BTW, we always used to stay in that little cluster of white buildings in your photograph, it was great just sitting around drinking Metaxa & looking down at the bay until I'd decide what to do with myself for the day... Or night?

The tree story's coming, along with a few others, I'm just really stuck for time at the mo!... Apologies.

...BUT even now we are getting older most of us "Live it strong" and that is the best to enjoy life... :)

I don't bounce back like I used to Panicos... But I still try... The old dog just won't to lay down, at least not yet, anyway!

B) :p

Lung, here is another one pic of Rhodes by night taken kast night (Mantraki harbour).

For the ones they dont know much about Rhodes,you can see on the right hand side the entrance of the harbour...mythology says that Colossus of Rhodes was standing there with his feet standing on each side

of the entrance of the harbour...and the ships were entering the harbour under his legs...

post-403-024879900 1315518916.jpg