Thailand Deadly Destination

DownLoLarry

post-19-0-58916700-1416584742_thumb.jpg

The author said,

‘I badly wanted to live in Thailand, and spent more than three years in and around Bangkok. Unlike many expatriates and tourists, I spent a lot of time with the Thais themselves.

‘Having spent so much time with them, I finally began to understand how they thought; and to understand that they actively dislike foreigners, have no compunction in robbing them, and that their cultural distaste for foreigners and ultra-nationalistic pride in their own country fuels and justifies the crimes against tourists.' 

He added: ‘Unfortunately, with millions of tourists besieging the country, the locals’ response to foreigners has gone from curiosity to contempt.

True?  False?

If you want to order on Amazon:

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/283-thailand-deadly-destination/

If you want to order it on Amazon.uk

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/283-thailand-deadly-destination/?p=700

This guy is sensationalizing things. The USA probably has a higher murder rate for foreign visitors/ex-pats than Thailand does. 

At work, I know 6 colleagues, all Canadian who have married Thais, built houses in Thailand and will settle there after they are retired. All of them are happy with their neighbors, in-laws and Thai friends. 

• Upvote 1

The Thais are no different than most other Asian cultures...one race...one language...one religion with a strong belief in their superiority...

But that don't make them bad folks or rude folks or hateful folks...Only Asian folks...As a visitor accept that and you will do fine..........