Calling all aging UK Soulboys & Funcksters

Luung

Yep I hadn't heard that version Katana nice stuff !

This in my mind is one of the best discoveries in recent years , who would believe quality unreleased records like this could still turn up ?

This is my favourite tune at the moment ........ perfect .

• Upvote 1

Good man Flatpack and you live in the right area for Northern Soul there's bound to be a regular all nighter on your doorstep .

I bought this back when I was a teenager in the 1980's .

A mate had it and I hassled him for about a year to sell it , he eventually did for the princely sum of £10 ... he thought I was mad .

Try finding it now for a tenner :lol:

This will always be in my all time top ten just listen to those harmonies and pleading lyrics ...enough to make a grown man weep .

Super rare soul at its finest - The Inticers - Since You Left

• Upvote 1

Has I've been away for a while here's one I've been saving up 'Baby Huey' with 'Hard times'

"Eatin' spam, oreos and drinkin' Thunderbird wine" is probably what did him in, baby"... lyrics don't get much etter than that, just a shame he actually died himself not long after he wrote it! Shame about the sound quality too, but it was all I could find on Youtube.

• Upvote 1

"Eatin' spam, oreos and drinkin' Thunderbird wine" is probably what did him in, baby"...

He must have forgot his portion of rocket salad , gotta get your five a day !!

Great track brother Lung .

Another oldie that always fills the dance floors .

• Upvote 1

So many +1's it's unreal.BD

It's is the only way I can get em' BD'!

He must have forgot his portion of rocket salad , gotta get your five a day !! Great track brother Lung

Very sound advice brother Jim! Although he he did actually get a bit more 'in' than his five per day... When he died he weighed in at somewhere around 300lb's!!!

Anyway, on with the show... Here's a cross over track I really wanted to post earlier, but I felt that may be of pretty limited appeal? I reckon you'll get the vibe Jim, I myself find it absolutly captivating... Here he is 'Pharoah Sanders' with 'Love Is Everywhere'.

"Wooohhoo, love is everywhere... Whooohoo, whooohoo... Love is everywhere... Love is in us all... Whoohoo, whoohoo, eyyie, eyyey, eye... Yeah, love is everywhere"!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88lWzlW6kxs

I like it brother Lung !!

Sounds like the perfect track to end a night of frenetic dancing .

Reminds me of Otis by the Durutti Column which was the perfect ender back in the good ol' days of the late 80's after a pleasant evening and a nice pill .... not that I am condoning that type of behaviour ahem ahem ....*

*Don't try this at home kids .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fuck me Jim, what a wake up call... Nice uplifting track... And yeah, it's got my hand writing all over it!... Loved 'Lady in Red too, BTW.

Here's a bloke I always liked, Leon Ware doin' Smoovin... He actually used to write for Marvin Gaye, so now you know where where he got his sound from in his later years

And just one more for luck as you've been doing all the work...Why I Came To California

[media=]

• Upvote 1

Two lovely tracks Jim, I especially like the Jackkie Wilson one... Nice! As you said the great thing about this is getting turned onto new stuff... Do you remeber Joe Tex & the Sexoletts, by the way?

Anyway, here's another one I've been saving up, 'Baby Huey' again with his cover of 'A Change is Going to Come'

Easy the best version i've ever heard, powerful stuff!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh9v41hx5hs[/media]

Just a wee intro here lads was into Northern Soul in the 70,s ...was brought up in Dundee and went to many an all nighter back then, In Dundee it was in the Marriot hall............Next to the Caird hall, when it was 10 blues for a £1 and off i went dancing the night away, was not into buying the records it was the dancing for me, loved it capped selved t-shirt, and hand-made 40inch bottoms high waisters........ah its all coming back even took a trip to Wigan before it closed.....Sad day..............Yes done many an all nighter all over the country and even went to the 100 club on Oxford st.........down the stairs, a couple ov times when i moved to London in 1981..............Thxs for bringing it all back...........Small world eh?............Keep the Faith.......Hands across the water.........Regards Garry

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...