Staying In Jomtien

DownLoLarry

Seems that although many FMs enjoy going to Sally Bar, it's rare that they choose Jomtien lodging.

Jomtien has the better beach. One has the choice of Beach Road and also the less poluted Dongtan Beach which has a gay area.

One problem is that it's difficult to get home to Jomtien at night as it ofthen requires two baht busses. But it's easy to get back to Pattaya at night as the baht bus you hop on in Jomtien will at least go as far as Pattaya Klang or perhaps as far as Dolphin Roundabout or even Naklua.

Can anyone suggest a nice hotel for Jomtien, as I've never stayed there in my 30-odd Pattaya trips?

I will be visiting in August with a girlfriend and another couple. They want a nice hotel right on the beach, with WiFi & all mod-cons, preferably under 3k Baht per night.

Usually I stay in a cheap dive in Soi Honey Inn for 500 Baht, so I'm not familiar with the posher places.

My mate bubba (an FM of this site for new BMs who don't know) always stays in Jomtien, but he rents a condo. Last time we were in LoS together (Nov 2010) I said to him we/I need a mini hotel right next to Sally's (see Bumblebee's thread). Som is such fun, Apple so cute, others I don't know yet no doubt so appealing. Then Bb put up that news about the Legs bar, I forget its name, Lovely Legs or Lucky Legs, or whatever, so somewhere between the two would be close to pretty good in my opinion.

Hence I would also love to know a hotel suggestion from anyone.

(It's a toss up next time between staying in that spot or near Corner Bar & Sunee - oops!) <_<

Kelly, If you want to be on the beach Rabbit Resort is a pricey option. But quite inconvenient at night.

http://www.rabbitresort.com/index.html

But only a minute's walk from Jomtien Beach Road is Nirvana Boutique Hotel on Soi 4 which is well within your budget.

http://www.nirvanaboutiquehotel.com/index.html

Btw, by taking the not so obvious alleyway between Soi 4 and Soi 5, you're right at Sally's.