Breaking Bad question

Lefty

Ok, I started watching it on netflix after reading so many positive comments here from various people in other threads. I think DT and JD have been the most positive but maybe others too.

Right now I am 2/3s of the way through Season 2. It's a decent show so far, but I would not call it the best ever at this point. Does it get better? I had someone on another forum tell me it does and to just ride it out. What do you all say?

IMO season 2 and 3 were the best,  it kind of went a little downhill in season 4 but then season 5 came back and was excellent.

So basically you are in the meat of the show, the best seasons;   but same as every show it's not for everyone, I suggested to my German landlord that he watch it and he didn't like it at all.

I guess my problem is there is no character that I really like or feel like I can relate to. At least among the male characters. The female leads are not physically attractive to me. I like the actress that plays Eliott's wife. She is doable but barely a recurring character. Jane is hot, but I read she is gonna get killed in the next couple of episodes.  From a fuckable standpoint, neither Sky or Hank's wife do it for me at all. 

When I watch a show like Justified, the character of Raylan Givens is someone most of any of us would like to be like. He's a hero who does things his way, kind of rebellious and skirts the letter of the law when needed to get things done. Then from a hotness standpoint we have his fellow deputy, Rachel Brooks who is for my tastes, as hot as it gets. In the first couple of season's Raylan's ex wife was a regular character, and she is really hot too. 

Maybe the things that lead me to be lukewarm on Breaking Bad are the same reasons I could never stay hooked on Sons of Anarchy. Everyone was a bad guy. There were no good guys. Same as in BB, other than maybe Hank, and he seems like a bit of a doofus who is only alive and well through pure dumb luck. 

Like ya say, Different Strokes for Different Folks. Still gonna watch it though and see how it goes. Not like when I was catching up with Justified by watching 3-4 episodes a night. More like 2 every other night with BB. 

I was disappointed that the only version of Shameless available to stream on netflix is the original English version. Amazon Prime does not have it either. 

• 2 weeks later...

BB is an acquired taste;  I have recommended it to friends who thought it sucked, and my German landlord watched only episode one, saw Walter White running down the road in his underwear and never watched it again.  For me it's the best TV show ever made,  followed by Shameless.  But that's just me, as usual  YMMV.

I agree. YMMV pretty pertains to all TV shows and music, etc.  For my tastes, the best show ever was Deadwood. Ian McShane's portayal of Al Swearengen was as good as it gets IMO.

I can get the British Shameless on netflix streaming, but not the US remake. Same on Amazon prime. I would need to either torrent or rent the DVDs to catch up on Shameless. 

Just so you know, JD my friend, the real reason I change the fonts here, is I HATE the default font. Arial I guess it is. Cannot see why it's so often the default font on most web sites. It sucks IMO. 

I guess my problem is there is no character that I really like or feel like I can relate to. At least among the male characters. 

Mike Gus's bodyguard/hitman is a great character and Saul the very crooked lawyer .

I think it gets better as it goes on - more ridiculous sure but very entertaining .

Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire are the best things I've seen since The Sopranos .