Page Loading Issues

One thing that always irks me about websites is if they are slow to load. We want our pages to load quickly.

Hound brought up a page loading problem.

How about the rest of you?

Are opages laoding quickly?

Are their certain pages that are not?

We are still getting a handle on how the software of the forum works. Was under the impression that there was automatic resizing.

Guest Stroker

We will check on these issues but there will probably not be a quick resolution. We are a bit overwhelmed with some website issues that forum posters seem not to have noticed yet.

But please keep posting any problems you are having and whether or not you are experiencing the same problems as others.

None of the mods here are programers. We have a separate team that handles that. The more info they have the easier it is for them to fix problems.

No problem guys. I'll just bill you (or you can take it off the price of a membership!) for the 2 cents worth of labor it costs me everytime to login. LOL

Seems to be working pretty well for a startup.

I've noticed one anomaly in the posting - are you allowed to give OR take a point from other posters? That's nice - another forum allows you to give a "+1" to a poster for a great post, but you aren't allowed to penalize them when they post something really stupid. I love having that power in my hands!!! Mwaaa-haa-haaa!

I did notice that it seems that the +/- function isn't really working yet. And good thing too, as I've also noticed that it currently lets me give a +1 for my own posts. Man, I'll have a +1000 rep points in a matter of days!

Great site, loving it.

Also noticed I cannot install a countdown clock in my sigs. Perhaps that was intentional, I don't know. But the code which works on all the other forums I frequent (or USED TO frequent before you guys came along!) doesn't work here.

• Upvote 1
Guest Stroker

"+1" to a poster for a great post

countdown clock

No conspiracy against countdown clocks here. :D

I like them (as long as they don't slow down page loading) cause it is an easy way of knowing who's coming when.

Reputation can be enabled if you guys want it. Will probably run a poll in a few days and let majority rule.

However, we won't be enabling negative reputation, if that's even possible,perhaps the red button just means you can take it away if you mistakenly gave it. While we don't belive in censorship here, we do want a friendly envirnoment so we're not going to do things which actively encourages negativity.

My understanding is that regarding forum infrastructure, we can do anything that's possible on PL. Just have to figure out how to do it.

But we want to handle some basic stuff first that's bugging up the general website before we get into bells and whistles on the forum.

Now one thing that is driving ME nuts is that sometimes when I'm typing a forum post everything shifts to the right side of the page. I suspect this is my computer cause I kind of recall it happening on PL. But if this is happening to anyone else please let me know.

EDIT IN: Just gave a greenie to myself to test to see if I could take it away with a red but then the red disappeared.

Yes, hope you'll enable to reputation points. I should have about 107 now by my count. You'll have -1 as I just took one away from you. :)

The rep points only work in one direction. You can remove a point if you don't like the comment, or you can give a point if you do. But you can't do both - once you've "voted" the +/- disappears.

It's all good so far, keep it up boys.

Here's a minor annoyance - trying to change my profile is difficult depending on where in the site I'm at.

If I'm at the front or homepage, it's impossible. One of the menu options is "My Profile/Account" but it only brings up membership (account) options. NOTHING related to my profile, and no way to get there from here.

But here in the forum section, it has my little shadow icon on top right of page with pull down menu to show me "my profile", "my settings", "my options", etc. So it's all good from here.

But when you're on the front page and you pull down the "My Profile/Account" option and find nothing about your profile... it's frustrating.

Guest Stroker

Here's a minor annoyance - trying to change my profile is difficult depending on where in the site I'm at.

If I'm at the front or homepage, it's impossible. One of the menu options is "My Profile/Account" but it only brings up membership (account) options. NOTHING related to my profile, and no way to get there from here.

But here in the forum section, it has my little shadow icon on top right of page with pull down menu to show me "my profile", "my settings", "my options", etc. So it's all good from here.

But when you're on the front page and you pull down the "My Profile/Account" option and find nothing about your profile... it's frustrating.

The LBR experience is more than just a forum. B)

We have Profiles and we will have Reviews. There's other cool stuff we're fine tuning too.

The Website Profile is not same same as the Forum Profile as DT outlines.

Good point about "not being able to get there from here" as I think we can add a link on the Website Profile page to the Forum Profile page. Maybe as soon as next week.

Keep your comments coming gents! Even if we can not immediately act upon your concerns, the sooner we know about them then the sooner solutions can be implemented.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My complaint is that my login information is not saved, despite clicking "remember me on this computer" every time I log in.

This should now be reset to remember login info for 4 days.

It is possible to choose a longer period but there is a downside to doing so as you can only be logged in at one IP at a time and if you were to forget to logout on a public computer then you would not be able to get back in.

I would be nice to actually see who is logged on at the same time, i see at top at this very moment 5 members logged on,

It's at the bottom of the page:

2 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users | Show by: Last Click or Member Name

DownLoLarry, alaskanbear

Note this does NOT match what's showing at the top of the page. So it's possible you could see 5 at the top of the page but you're the only guy browsing the forum. There may also be a time lag involving active users.

can we not have a box at the bottom of the screen which indicates who is online, you should be able to do it as you are using a pretty generic software that is used by a number of forums who have this facility, maybe a shout box so we can chat to each other while browsing as the chat function doesnt seem to be enabled.

Finally got some free time to deal with some of these issues as I have been bogged down with issues involving the rest of the website, in particular the Review area.

I "thought" I enabled chat, but obviously not. Will keep at it. :D

• 2 months later...