First transgender comic book character

zaronxas

It never ceases to amaze me how the Americans will brazenly claim to have the first/best/total of anything, often completely ignoring vast histories from other cultures.

This article of course pays no nod to the huge numbers of Japanese comicbook characters that have been around for aeons.

Goodness, you ony have to go to some of these JPese shemale sites that pdogg and Larry have been posting for our enlightenment, and sure enough the clickons for JPese trans comics are there.

Although I used the word first in the title that isn't the real point of the article or my post.

I thought the significance of this is that transgender people are becoming more mainstream in American (and likely broader western society). I think that's a positive step in the right direction.

Moreover whatever disdain people may have for American culture, it's by virtue of its dominance the most influential culture today. Accordingly, greater exposure and acceptance of transgender people in American culture and media is beneficial across the board. Though admittedly, America still lags most western countries in terms of its progressiveness.

• Upvote 1