ch-ch-ch-changes

My first couple of nights in town after being away for only three months and I was doing the rounds visiting my usual hangouts. I know bars here have a tendency to change hands often and I've seen it happened many times before. But this time around I'm just surprised at how many places that I used to frequent have either gone under, changed hands or moved in just under three months (during high-season). Here's a short list in random order:

R-NA Bar on Soi Dianna is gone.

La Bmaba moved to a new location across the street. They did a fantastic job on the renovation. The bar looks great and the girls even better.

One of my favorite beer bars on the soi that goes from Buakhau to soi made in Thailand and that had a sweet LB named Pim is now closed.

Linda bar is said to have undergone renovation. I've yet to visit.

The bar adjacent to Hot Tuna has become LB central on walking-street, kind of what JSB used to be in the old days. It's across the road from the old JSB so the girls actually just crossed to the opposite sidewalk.

California Wow gym in the Avenue closed down.

Club Relaxx soi 16 changed owners and is now worthless. It used to be one of my favorite GG bars.

Marhdi mentioned he pulled out of Anaconda; which is a great shame because he's done such a great job at setting this place up and making it one of the most easy going enjoyable bars in town.

Honey (GG) bar on the corner of soi 8 and 2nd road is closed. Not a great loss as it was only a hole in the wall but would occasionally drop by in there for a drink.

To end with a positive note, the number of bars who now have a resident LB or a few is growing steadily. I love the mixed bars.

• Upvote 3
To end with a positive note, the number of bars who now have a resident LB or a few is growing steadily. I love the mixed bars.

That is one of the great things about Pattaya, spotting the LBs in the various bar complexes.  It's like fishing in the open sea, you know they are out there and the fun is seeing what you might catch, whereas visiting an LB bar is a bit like going to a fish farm, you know what to expect before you get there.

That is one of the great things about Pattaya, spotting the LBs in the various bar complexes.  It's like fishing in the open sea, you know they are out there and the fun is seeing what you might catch, whereas visiting an LB bar is a bit like going to a fish farm, you know what to expect before you get there.

Another tiny little bit of added fun is the fact that the girls in a mixed bar are even more uncertain about whether you are ok with the fact that there's a second penis involved (unless of course you are already known to them). So there's that added excitement from watching her excitement when you tell her it's ok, "I know you ladyboy - I LIKE!"