Interesting comments

JaiDee

http://thailandmusings.thaivisa.com/why-farang-get-the-wrong-type-of-thai-girlfriend/

Didn't really read the top part, it kind of looks like an advertisement for some magazine or something. But check out the comments by the farangs below, some of their tales of caution are timeless.

http://thailandmusings.thaivisa.com/why-farang-get-the-wrong-type-of-thai-girlfriend/

Didn't really read the top part, it kind of looks like an advertisement for some magazine or something. But check out the comments by the farangs below, some of their tales of caution are timeless.

Some interesting comments.

the Thai culture is 100% geared toward cleaning out your pockets COMPLETELY and quickly with no conscience! Advice: Don’t start the money train

I read all the comments and some were really on the mark, yet people still fall into traps on a daily basis, even after being warned repeatedly on message boards like this one; they believe they are somehow different and can buck the trend.

This is my favorite; if a guy with 40 YEARS of experience admits that he really has no chance of gaining access to this exclusive club, why would a guy who goes to Thailand a few times per year feel like he does?

"why anyone with a modicum of common sense would elect to fraternise with a Thai of either gender , irrespective of social status, is quite beyond my comprehension . After 40 years of speaking the language, eating the food , utilising the public transport system I still maintain that we are poles apart in almost every respect and the east/ west divide is as significant today as it was 40 years ago"

I read all the comments and some were really on the mark, yet people still fall into traps on a daily basis, even after being warned repeatedly on message boards like this one; they believe they are somehow different and can buck the trend.

This is my favorite; if a guy with 40 YEARS of experience admits that he really has no chance of gaining access to this exclusive club, why would a guy who goes to Thailand a few times per year feel like he does?

"why anyone with a modicum of common sense would elect to fraternise with a Thai of either gender , irrespective of social status, is quite beyond my comprehension . After 40 years of speaking the language, eating the food , utilising the public transport system I still maintain that we are poles apart in almost every respect and the east/ west divide is as significant today as it was 40 years ago"

Fully agree JD & yeah, a lot of stuff was 'spot on’! .. And a lot was a load of old 'toss' that we've heard a million times before, but it's still entertaining, thanks for sharing! :goodjob:

Personally I liked the bloke who said, "he wanted to get a Thai wife because they are more submissive"... Try pushing a Thai & see what happens!

I think overall, it's the same old story of lots of guys coming over here desperately seeking some sort of emotional/partnership success where they never had it at home, for whatever reason... 'The hansum man syndrome'... Well unfortunately they may delude themselves into thinking they've found a winner, at least on the surface of things, but as we all know, in all probability they will have not, because they're usually the type that still have got a lot to learn about relationships & expectation first, before they can even start to take into consideration cultural, language & age differences!.. And relating to the above mentioned blogs, that was the first that struck a chord with me, I've always said to people, "you've already got a language barrier & a cultural difference, WTF put an age gap on top, just too really fuck up any chance of long term success"! ;)

One simple fact & it might sound harsh to some, is this... If you were the type of bloke who never had a problem pulling chicks in the first place, then you can no doubt actually use this place to some sort of advantage :devil:

But if you weren't & you're after some sort of trophy hanging off your arm... Then sorry, but unfortunately you're most probably going to get pulled to pieces out there both emotionally & financially. :money: :vava:

And in the immortal words of the internationally renown 60's calypso recording artist 'Jimmy Sole':-

"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Better get an ugly girl to marry you"!

It baffles me how so many of either nationalities (involved in P4P or otherwise) can delude themselves to such a degree, but that just goes to show the sheer desperation out there, on both parts. People just don't see what they don't want to even when the whole world & every single sinew in their body is screaming at them! :startle:

Nowdays marriages & long term relationships overall don't work in cultures where people have choices & they haven't done for a long while now, that’s evident... And I'm not sure what that says about either 'us' or how our 'societies' function... And that should also be taken into consideration by those bold enough to endeavour upon a 'full on' cross cultural relationship. =@

For myself, one of the main reasons for eleven years ago choosing CMX as a 'bolthole' was in the hope of meeting a 'nice' girl, a potential wife, someone my mother would have liked!... But in spite of having some great long term relationships here with both GG's & LB's, 'the real thing' just ain't happened for a zillion & one reasons, most of which should be obvious... But what I will say is this... There are good ones out there & you may meet the right one for you... But believe you me, unless your partner is extremely well educated, travelled or incredibly aware (very unusual) then unfortunately cultural/social convention, racist, greedy family, mixed agenders & expectations or your drinking, womanizing, or drug taking habbits will kill the union dead in the water. :growl:

Enough said... I'm off to have a wank... It's uncomplicated! :hi: