Walking From Jomtien To Pattaya

DownLoLarry

Yesterday, jsut for the hell of it, a buddy and I walked home from Jomtien to Pattaya.

It's interesting to explore the back roads; the road less travelled so to speak.

We started at Sally Bar and walked away from the beach. Turned left on Jomtien 2nd road, right on Thappaya. right on Teppasit, left on Teppasit Soi 10, left on Soi 17 into Pattaya.

Along the way we found a branch of Goodfellas, a bunch of karoke joints and massage shops and lots of little Mom and Pops. Even bumped into Pookie on Teppasit. :give_rose:

For me one of the great pleasures of life is taking a walk on sois I've never been to before and just seeing whats there.

I used to do a beach walk from 'The temple of Truth', Naklua to where Koyo7 is at the pier in South Pattaya. It's a doozie & a great way to work off a hang over too... Sometimes I use to run it!

Anyway, you've got fat 'Russkie' tarts trying too chat you up, ladymen that sleep rough on the beach accosting you (not recommended), piss drinking & food shops, freaky 'Skandie' nudists (from time to time), a stop off at Soi 6,1 on the way (especially if Bee's about), plenty of dead fish, broken beer bottles & discarded Durex's to look at & you can dump yourself in the water when you get too hot!

What a great way to loose half a day!.. 'Tourism Authority of Thailand' 05-03-2054

You know this town is cleaning up!

One of my favourite activites in Patts is slinging my camera over my shoulder and spending an afternoon exploring the back sois. I remember one wonderful afternoon in particular with 2 esteemed FMs from here wandering around the area above 3rd Road apartment hunting for one of them. Discovered a nice little bar complex you never hear about, with a nice sprinkling of some of ours, who you never see posted on any forums.

I actually had to walk half way to Jomtien to get a baht bus. Used to be no big deal to get one to stop along Thappraya Rd. Not so now. They are either loaded to the gills, about 15 souls on board, totally empty and not running the route, or doing a private taxi gig for some tourists.

I finally had one stop right before where I was, near the Sugar Hut, because he was dropping off 1-2. So he stopped to pick me up. Still had both benches full, and had to stand on the back.

If you want to ride a baht bus to Jomtien I recommend getting on at the corner of 2nd Rd and Pattaya Tai, where they do their initial fill up. For me, walking to that corner to get on or up to Thappraya Rd is about a toss up for distance. Just a little longer in the bus from the former. Maybe once high season is over things will go back to normal but then again the influx of Russians, who comprise a high pct of the baht bus riders, may go on the same all year long.

One of my favourite activites in Patts is slinging my camera over my shoulder and spending an afternoon exploring the back sois. I remember one wonderful afternoon in particular with 2 esteemed FMs from here wandering around the area above 3rd Road apartment hunting for one of them. Discovered a nice little bar complex you never hear about, with a nice sprinkling of some of ours, who you never see posted on any forums.

I heard those dudes with you that day were just a bunch of wankers. :spiteful:

;)

• 1 year later...

Recently I used to regularly walk from soi Buakhao to Dongtan, heading along the main road, then just over the hill, taking the road to the right that cuts through Pattaya Park and comes out at the volleyball area of Dongtan. Takes about 50 mins at a good steady pace, nice workout there and back.