LB ban

SteelVagina

after few weeks i havnt been there i went to climax bar in soi 11 and it sucks that they deny me entry.........with all my outfit and make up is that all i end up....they start talking to me in thai which i dont understand till i was able to get it and i told them IM NOT THAI.....despite of that they still deny me to get in..it really triggered the activism in me but no point of argueing with people who doesnt even understand my point in english language....so nothing to do but just went away and went to mix club in intercon in chitlom good thing i was able to get in...........

its been like in low season months i notice most clubs in bangkok specially in the redlight district and tourist area Ladyboys are denied access to get in the bar..........like in khao san i use to get in few clubs like the club and gullivers but now all hands just say no lb allowed.....same like in few bars around in soi 4 or with in the vicinity of asoke to nana bts.....like in climax..insomia.....hillary's nana liquid and so much more.......i dont know why it all happens....i ask few door man why ....but they dont wanna state any reason.....but as i assume they avoid freelancing LB to get work in their bars....but then i see many freelancing girls working i dont see any difference....

• Upvote 1

The answer is simply....The bar and club owners are trying to avoid problems...They either have customers who don't want ladyboys mingling with them - most sex tourists visiting Thailand do not want anything to do with ladyboys - and/or the ladyboys have created problems for the bars and clubs with their aggressive behavior...So the simple solution is don't allow ladyboys to enter...

In Pattaya this is also true although to a lesser extent...But it is why freelance ladyboys are not allowed on Walking Street while the cops are on duty...

Nana Liquid? Really? I guess they let ladyboys in when they are with a customer? I've gone in there with my significant other du jour a few times and had no problems, regardless of what was in her undies (i.e., LB or GG).

You know, I don't go out to clubs/discos that much by myself; beer bars with pool tables are more my speed (unless we're talking live music you can mosh to, although I think my moshing days are behind me, for the most part), but I've found GG's to be just as aggressive as ladyboys, more often than not, when out and about in a club by myself in Bangkok or where have you. And in any event, I tend to think any sort of discrimination is bullshit, but then as PDogg said, ultimately it's up to the owners.

I tend to vote with my feet and dollars though, so that's part of the reason I'm curious to know about Nana Liquid. If they don't let ladyboys inside by themselves, I'd just as soon not frequent the place. ... Sorry to hear about your troubles, Steel Vajajay, that really sucks.

its kinda lame anyways cause you cant blame the whole community just because of ones mistake and in a very isolated case......cause if thats the case then does that mean if one gg misbehave in a certain place does she also get to be ban as well or one white or farang misbehave would they ban the whole farang who comes in the bar?????

yeah Nana liquid thats the bar right beside nana hotel right??? if im not mistaken ....we got denied entry with me and my friends

... yeah Nana liquid thats the bar right beside nana hotel right??? if im not mistaken ....we got denied entry with me and my friends

Yes, that's the one -- with the exterior entrance a little further down Soi 4 (like 2-3 bars) from the hotel entrance, on the same side of the street. Damn, that's a shame; it's a good place to go shoot pool after the other bars close. I wonder if they've had a change of management or something; it's been a year or so since I was last in there with a ladyboy.

But like I said, I'll vote with my dollars and go elsewhere. Again, sorry to hear about this. I'll be sure to make a rude gesture toward the club when I walk past late Tuesday night. :mad0245:

It ain't a one time incident involving one ladyboy...This has been going on for a long long while...Ladyboys have been banned from the Nana Hotel Disco for as long as I can remember...Maybe even longer...

You can go into the hotel and fuck but you can't go into the disco and dance...

I think there has been a total change in Nana liquid as 4:17 has suggested, whether a new owner or a total change of management I don't know. Last time I went was around March 2011 for 3 nights in a row late on, just for a beer and check if any of "ours" were about. Tried to go in again March this year and they were charging 200baht to get in,ffs. Just thought fuck it, I ain't paying that just to have one beer if the talent isn't to my tatses.

So if they are charging farang an entrance fee, who knows what extra policies they have put in place.

There is one way to get around discrimination in LOS. Bribery. I'm can't say how much & exactly who you would need to pay but the offer of money will ensure access to anywhere in Asia. I am talking about more than 100 baht slipped into the doorman's hand though.

It ain't a one time incident involving one ladyboy...This has been going on for a long long while...Ladyboys have been banned from the Nana Hotel Disco for as long as I can remember...Maybe even longer...

Well, all I know is, I've walked in there at least twice in the past after the other bars had closed, with a ladyboy in tow, and gotten in with no problems. Again, maybe one with a customer/boyfriend, they look the other way. ...

I have very fond memories of the Nana Hotel Disco. Called Angels, it was the only place around lower Sukhumvit that was going after 1am in the morning for many years. Friends & I would walk down the unpaved soi from the Grace Hotel, then the biggest scene going in all Bangkok (600 to 1000 girls packed into the enormous lobby area every night), to the Nana where we would drink & dance the night away.

I don't know how they re-aligned the streets but back then, the Nana was on the corner of Sukhumvit Road. It was a very grand hotel, not the disheveled place it became & there was no Nana Plaza. Some of the girls from the Grace would make the walk to the corner but most of them had either picked up a customer or had gone home because they had jobs or school to go to in the morning. And there was no barfine to pay. And the going rate was 100 baht ST or 200 LT. At least for us it was.

Back then, apart from backpackers from all corners of the globe, the main clientele were older German men (they must have been at least 40!) who were all pompui, & traditionally dressed Saudis. I never met one girl who liked the Arabs, they all complained about them not bathing & they all held their nose when talking about them. But the Middle Eastern gentlemen did have first dibs on the best looking girls because they would keep offering them money until the girl agreed. I heard girls saying they had been offered 1000 baht by the robe-wearers, an outrageous amount to me back then, some of them took it but a lot didn't. All the girls were aware they might get a beating if they accepted the big money. They were genuinely frightened for anyone they knew who agreed to go with one of the Saudis.

Today the Grace is owned by the Arabs & with two huge new towers built onto the back of the place, it is their little corner of Bangkok. Soi 3 & 4 are no longer mud tracks but wide paved streets. There are traffic lights on the corner, a different corner because the Nana has somehow moved 100 metres down the Soi.

Angels is now Nana Liquid with a door charge no less. But some things never change & I bet they still play One Night In Bangkok every night of the year inside the disco & I promise myself that I will return to hear it again. I am sure the memories will be overwhelming.

• Upvote 2

well ive heard also grace hotel dont let ladyboy in their hotel even if she has guest who stays there

Everything changed when the place was sold to the Arabs. I wasn't visiting Bangkok around that time, I just turned up one year to find that its time in the sun was over. And given the stigma attached to LBs by SOME people in society, especially image-conscious Arabs, they would not want to be seen to be courting that part of society.

I have absolutely no doubt they do, or some of them do, they just wouldn't allow it in their hotel. More social prejudice you have to put up with I am afraid Jelena. Never mind though, I think you are better off leaving them be.

@SteelVagina

When i was in Bangkok i have talk with the Manager of Club Insomnia abouth this ladyboy banned issue all over Thailand and this is what he told me...

We dont allow ladyboy`s in our club because of many complain of our costumers that they dont want to be in a club that have a mix of ladyboy`s and GG`s

This guy told me our business is all abouth keeping our costumers happy if they go away then we have a probleem.

So that is way you see the GG freelancers working the clubs as if nothing happens but you girls are not allowed to get in , then main reason is that the visitors dont want you girls there....

But i have to say it also depends on who is working the door at that moment and if you have some connections you can get anything done....

I know talking to some ladyboy`s that the famouse ( Areeya ) and some other do get in nearly every club in Bangkok that they like , so it`s again who you are and which club.

I manage to get my girls in to Insomnia Pattaya , but it`s again who is working the door at that moment and with which ladyboy you are at that moment....

Greetz , Stealth

aww well i guess its a thin line between bigotry as business strategy and customers that is always right....i guess thai really do everything just for the sake of money to come in.....we experience that in manila with my fellow STRAP friends its a constant battle from time to time in few bars around manila and we really won that case they did a public apology just because of the cheapest reason that many foreigners are complaining cause they cant tell the girls can be a ts or a gg.........i mean fuck them as i can say in my favorite thai phrase to this foreigners who get tricked....som nam na.........

but of course theres another reason of misbehaving and hustling around the bars which kinda offensive......but then theres more good clubs ive been to which doesnt even care about whos coming in like under intercontinental club MIXX which is kinda posh and high end....also in pattaya in Lima Lima bar which is cool also i forgot that name down under in grand erawan hyatt....well its not the place to look cheap and tacky which i like........

the only thing i can say bars are built for public and for everyone to get in......if one customer say i dont wanna get in again cause there is this and that.....well what if the tables will be switched...but ohh well it doesnt matter i still enjoy the street party in khao its more fun

...But it is why freelance ladyboys are not allowed on Walking Street while the cops are on duty...

ya this is a bummer , havent seen any LBs there for over a year. I used to chat to a few at blue sky bar buts its all over and they moved to BKK due to the ban

Think the later it is the more ladyboys show up on Walking Street.

Last night didn't go out until 1 AM and saw at least 100 ladyboys on Walking Street.

Said hello to Kwang/Nadia out side England/Jenny Star Bar.

Saw a bunch of ladyboys running away as a bunch of police came down the street.