A German, A Mum In Law, A Baby, And A Runaway Thai Wife

pdogg

When his grandfather died, Mr. Stephan received an inheritance of more than 10 million THB.

Then Mr. Stephan got to know a Thai woman named Ketsarin, age 25.

So they lived together for a year, and had a son. During that time, Mr. Stephan used the money from his inheritance to build a new house, and when his wife got pregnant, he bought a car and many consumer products to use in their daily life.

But about five months after his wife gave birth, she disappeared without any trace, and left their son and the birth certificate. So Mr. Stephan began caring for his son with the help of his Thai mother-in-law, until he used up almost all of his money.

After he ran out of money, his mother –in-law expelled him from the house. So Mr. Stephan took his son and began trying to find his wife in Pattaya, because he thought that his wife might be staying there, but he still did not find any trace of her.

Mr. Stephan said he wants to see his wife in order for her to sign a guarantee that the boy is really his son — then he will be able to bring his son back to Germany. Mr. Stephan said it doesn’t matter to him about the assets he has lost, such as the house and car, but he will not go back to Germany alone and leave his son behind.

http://www.pattayada...for-son’s-sake/

Saw this in my newsfeed this morning PD......and as usual the strangeness in the Land of Ladyboys never fails to let me down.

First off; can they not do a DNA test or some kind of paternity test to prove he is the Dad?

Second; ''After he ran out of money, his mother –in-law expelled him from the house.''

This part shocked - absolutely SHOCKED- me; a falang getting used for his money and once it ran out getting the heave-ho? That NEVER happens in Thailand! But ummmm, all joking aside; didn't HE buy and build the house? Does he have no protection at all against being 'expelled' from his own joint? Seems to me like the old beee-atch should have been the one tossed, fuck her! Especially since the skank wants nothing to do with her grandson. I know another german guy who is about to have a huge 4 million baht property fight with his Thai wife of 18 years now that they are through...... which he will surely lose.....but at least no kids were involved.

Last; ''So Mr. Stephan took his son and began trying to find his wife in Pattaya,'' Does this line kind of imply that he also MET his bride in that lovely and innocent resort city on Pattaya beach? Maybe in a bar? Wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. I'd give 10-1 odds that his little lady is shacked up somewhere with a Thai guy, spending whatever she could sell from whatever was bought with the inheritance money. "He bought a car and many consumer products to use in their daily life." Now she and Thai guy are driving around in that car and spending whatever was made from the sale of the 'consumer products'

Feeling kinda sorry for the German guy, but as always stories like this remind me why short times are the way to go.

TIT

Another farang who bought the dream only to have his face rubbed in it.

It's easy to call him a foolish man but he's yet another westerner who has learnt the hard way what conniving, callous, hard-hearted girls we are dealing with in Thailand. Or should I say, SOME of them, before everyone here in a relationship posts that their girl is different. Sorry guys, you'll never convince me for I have seen too many of these arrangements end exactly like our German friend's did.

I presume the relatives were able to evict him & claim the house because being a foreigner he couldn't own the land in his own name & they would have all been telling him every 5 minutes how wonderful he was & how lucky they all were to have him in their life. He would have felt secure in building on their land with all the documents written in Thai ensuring he had no rights whatsoever. The degree of their venal duplicity is sickening. This is standard MO from people who have no conscience in these matters.

And JD's assumption would be correct IMO, he has gone to Pattaya looking for his wife because that's where he would have met her & that's where she would go to find her next victim. Having done it once, the girls become incredibly confident now that they know the secret to making large amounts of money. And it isn't from countless short times. They meet some middle aged farang who has NEVER had a girlfriend in their life, wait at least half an hour before telling him they love him & the rest is as easy as falling off a log.

And how do I know? Because I have spent hours counselling some of these men over the past 36 years & their story is almost always the same. "But my girl is different!!" they say as if they have been given some divine sign that she is "the one".

For every successful Thai/farang relationship, there are more of them that finish like this. I may sound harsh to some but this is a serious subject & if one man reading this can recognise the signs & save himself, I don't regret writing it.

• Upvote 1

Well, I suppose you guys are right...This scenario has been played and replayed many times...In Thailand, in the Philippine Islands, In Viet Nam, in Cambodia, in your own backyard and without question In the United States of America...

Despite his foolishness you gotta stand up and applauder this guy...He deserves our kudos...Despite losing all that money he is standing by his son...How easy would it be for him to abandon his child and head for home...All too easy...Despite the anger he must be holding inside, he has taken responsibility for his child and he is trying his level best to do what is right...

Stephen King told us, "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”

I hope he finds his child's mother...I hope that she signs the document...I hope he takes his son to his home...I hope they live a long and happy life together...

• Upvote 1

Thanks K for balancing my "nasty" post. You are right, he is a decent guy, he never deserved this. But the wife isn't going to sign anything while she thinks she can exploit him for one last baht. Having fucked him over completely, there can be no mercy for the poor bastard. That would be tantamount to having to show kindness to her ex & right now, the only way she can live with her conscience is to vilify him to everybody, including herself.

Seeing him just wanting to get her help so he can save her son, it would do her head in. Of course she could never show that but unless she's a complete psychopath (and a lot of them are), she will be forever haunted by what she has done. It does explain a lot of the alcoholism among some of the older girls though. Lost babies, broken promises, their perfidiousness goes on & on.

Sorry if I seem less than gracious about this girl & the others of her ilk but good men who arrive on holiday looking for a mate deserve protection from these predators. And that's all they are. Preying on our sense of decency.

• Upvote 1

Good for you Tex, I have learned the same during my professional life and yes I have a Thai girlfriend and what Pacman wrote is constantly on my mind. No way am I going to get married or buy property in Thailand nor cars. I might do my girlfriend an injustice but I am too old to take chances.

Pacman - I hope a lot of people will read your post and avoid falling in the same trap this poor German fell into.

Pacman - I hope a lot of people will read your post and avoid falling in the same trap this poor German fell into.

Thank you Beijo. I worried that some might have been offended by my remarks. I have been criticised before by guys in "loving" relationships that I was wrong because "their girl is different".

And please take care Beijo. There are many dead farangs who trusted their Thai partner with money, houses, etc. Once the family decided they couldn't wait any longer to get their hands on the goodies, the farang had to go, whether the wife wanted it or not.

I am sure if you hook up with an educated girl from a good family in Bangkok, things will be different. My comments refer mainly to the daughters of Issan farmers who have nothing. And when a wealthy farang falls into the lap of the family, they soon get greedy. The behaviour described above is stereotypical, straight out of the copybook. Not for nothing are people from Issan known to southern Thais as sumong yun. Mosquito brain.

Thanks for your concern Pacman. I have lived and worked as Expat in many countries, covered most continents, and learned in the process. What you pointed out above is not unique to Thailand and I am aware of it. I might be paranoid but I will not allow myself to get into a situation where I am not in control of my movements, like visiting GG relatives out in the country or staying in relatives homes etc.

P.S. No, my GG is not from Isaan