Thai Customs want my terabyte HD?

Guest JustSumGai

Guest JustSumGai

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Passengers-to-get-fake-goods-warning-30189478.html

Airline passengers flying into Thailand will soon receive on-board warnings against bringing counterfeit products into the Kingdom, otherwise they risk being fined and seeing their goods confiscated.

Already their stupid and arbitrary regs prevent me from bringing in my fav cigars (they are no clear rules about how many cigars, just some allusion to weight allowance) or pipe tobacco. I come over for months at a time. IF I brought in a pound of pipe tobacco or say 100 cigars, it's possible under the regs that i'd face a huge fine. I think i read somewhere that sticks EVEN IF you elect to throw away ths goods.

NOW it's movies or music on my computer or external hard drive?

It's stupid shit like this that makes me view spending time in Thailand as potentially masochistic decision.

How will they verify your jeans are authentic?

will they just uses such regs to gouge you for tea money?

I'll wager your jeans are genuine...Unless you bought them in Thailand...

I have never ever ever ever never been stopped on my way in...Ever...

Ditto. I have come into the Kingdom a zillion times and have never been detained or inspected.

Kahuna and I have probably just jinxed ourselves...

justsumgai - I don't think those warnings are for the average tourist. Probably more for Thais who are bringing back fakes for their business, or foreigners whose business is to supply fakes to Thai businesses.

Just for your information - customs is now randomly selecting arriving passengers and x-raying their luggage if they have a large bag. I had my bag x-rayed when I arrived in July.

two years ago as i came through arrivels with my two daughters we were met by my girlfriend who put her case

on my trolley along with mine and my daughters two cases ,

they wandered of, i'm walking through with four suitcases

when a thai guycomes up and askes me to follow him to a quite corner of the airport, i'm quickly surounded

by 4 more guys, i'm thinking this looks trouble, just as he asks me if they are my bags my girls arrive,

he realisess he's made a mistake, so to save face he asks me to open the top suitcase, he then askes who's bag it is

my thai grilfriend says its mine, he realises he has made himself look a bigger dick as he's opened the only suitcase

that did not come through customs, he looked really sheepish, said thank you and they walked away, bet his mates took the piss

but it just shows there are customs guys walking around inside arrivels looking for people with more than one bag