Airfares to LOS

SiamSam

I have traveled from Canada to Thailand a number of times during 2010. For the most part I was able to get pretty good airfare deals ranging from as low as $900 to $1,500 return (inclusive of all taxes, et cetera). I suppose the average was some where around $1,200 Canadian. In planning my trips for the year 2011 I've noticed the airfares have increased across the board and there seems to be less deals available even in low season. I don't know whether to book now or wait hoping there will be forthcoming seat sales. However reduced fares may be a thing of the past. I sense the trend is for a more robust, bullish air travel industry.

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

I haven't looked for transcontinetal airfares in quite some time but mates keep telling me that prices are higher.

I have found that the sweetspot (not talking about a ladyboy's puckered asshole here) is booking 4 months in advance for paid flights and 11 months in advance for free frequent flyer flights.

Flexibilty can produce savings but of course not everyone's schedule is flexible.

I've found the easiest way for me to save on flights is to get free fequent flier miles for things other than flying such as opening bank accounts or getting a creidt card. One buddy of mine goy 30K free miles from Continental for getting a card plus a small amount of miles for every purchase. That one simple maneuver was half the miles he needed for a trip to Thailand.

Yes I try to fly with the same airline or one of their Star Alliance partners. This keeps the points flush and healthy which I use for myself and my daughter.

During 2010 I earned enough points for close to 2 free trips to LOS (75,000 per) however I elected to go for the big biscuit and used 100,000 for a business class ticket last December. It was worth it.

As mentioned earlier, the tickets I purchased in 2010 were reasonable in my opinion. But the ticket quotes for 2011 are remarkably higher in comparison.