Thailand weather in summer

JaiDee

This is the latest I have ever stayed in Thailand; in years past, 10 "high seasons" all told, I am always back home in the states by June 1st and sometimes even earlier.

I enjoy the summer and the fall weather in the northeast USA; it's absolutely fantastic and I would hate to miss that and I also enjoy seeing family and friends, etc....

But I must say, staying well into the summer this year has been a relative joy, weather-wise. Much cooler, lots of clouds, the occasional rain storm [but not too much], and not so damn humid! Sure, it's still a bit muggy, but nothing like it was in April and May, when you can barely even go outside.

Never been here in August or September/October, and probably never will be as long as I can afford the fall season in New England. But I must say, summer so far has been a pleasant surprise and something I could deal with easily in the future if I ever decide to settle down in this country for good.

yes, you guys are right......all sorts of news reports of people cooking up eggs in their driveways, etc..... Thailand today was lovely, in the pattaya/BKK region anyway; as FB says it was about 88 today and with the breeze it felt cooler; kind of like June or a hot September day back home. We may be better off here than there at the moment!

Not sure if I could handle the rainy season year in and year out, but good to know I can make it at least until late July or so.