Direct Bus Phnom Penh To Bangkok

pdogg

Coming in June, supposedly is direct bus service from Phnom Penh to Bangkok and vice versa by way of Poipet.

This means the crazy Thai van drivers who put your life at risk can be avoided. And no waiting till the van fills up at the border.

Both Thai busses and Cambodian busses will be doing this route, an equal number from each country.

So it would seem the steering wheel will be on the wrong side of the bus for part of the trip, perhaps a safety issue.

Saw this in today's Cambodia Daily but cannot find any online info.

As I recall the Cambodian bus companies will be chosen in early June.

Mehkong Express has the reputation for being the best Cambodian bus company and only costs a couple bucks more than the others with an English speaking guide that can be quite useful when crossing borders.

There are also stories that when going from Thailand to Cambodia they try to overcharge you for the visa. Best to say you're out of baht and must pay with US dollars. No visa overcharges the other way when going from Cambodia to the LOS from what I hear.

At Poipet it was, and I presume it still is almost impossible to get the $20 Tourist visa for anything but $25. You show the guy $20 and point to the sign that says $20 and he will make up some BS that your passport needs to be sent to Phnom Penh to get stamped, takes 3 days, but for $5 more he can do it express there and then. Better than 1000 Baht ($31) all the same if you want to pay in Baht.

It sounds like a great service all the same. If it is a big bus all the way, that would make it very appealing indeed to any of us not in a hurry as DC mentioned above.

At Poipet it was, and I presume it still is almost impossible to get the $20 Tourist visa for anything but $25. You show the guy $20 and point to the sign that says $20 and he will make up some BS that your passport needs to be sent to Phnom Penh to get stamped, takes 3 days, but for $5 more he can do it express there and then. Better than 1000 Baht ($31) all the same if you want to pay in Baht.

It sounds like a great service all the same. If it is a big bus all the way, that would make it very appealing indeed to any of us not in a hurry as DC mentioned above.

Last time I came into cambo at poipet,I gave him2$ ,he was happy with that as I said I had no more money!

The worst way into Cambo is thru trat/koh kong....the bastards want 1200 baht, or youre not getting in.....pointing out the visa is only$20 dollars (600 baht) doesnt impress them.

Last time I came into cambo at poipet,I gave him2$ ,he was happy with that as I said I had no more money!

The worst way into Cambo is thru trat/koh kong....the bastards want 1200 baht, or youre not getting in.....pointing out the visa is only$20 dollars (600 baht) doesnt impress them.

Good to hear, maybe someone had a word with them. Yea I have heard bad tales of the Koh Kong crossing, Bigtel has a funny. humble pie eating story about his experience there.