Hotmail Problems

Not this type of problem but for the past 4 days or so I get the last post from the Tattoo thread even though I viewed it numerous times. Each time I log on it indicates it is a new post. However when I click it, it shows the same post over and over again. Beat's me what that's about. I think it is DownLoLarry playing with my head.

This is how my Inbox is appearing now. The emails are beneath, but when I click on one of them it brings me to the Home page.

Looks like you are using Opera, BB (good man -- it's my browser of choice as well). Hotmail is always problematic in Opera, in my experience.

Have you tried going under site preferences, while on the Hotmail page, and under the nextwork tab telling Opera to mask itself as Firefox? And make sure "use proxy" and "application cache" are turned off (set to no). That's what I have to do to get Hotmail and Opera to get along.

Apologies if I'm telling you stuff you already know ...

• Upvote 1

Looks like you are using Opera, BB (good man -- it's my browser of choice as well). Hotmail is always problematic in Opera, in my experience.

Have you tried going under site preferences, while on the Hotmail page, and under the nextwork tab telling Opera to mask itself as Firefox? And make sure "use proxy" and "application cache" are turned off (set to no). That's what I have to do to get Hotmail and Opera to get along.

Apologies if I'm telling you stuff you already know ...

Thanks very much 4:17, I wasn't aware of that and it worked like a treat. Yea I find in general Opera is user-friendly and more importantly pretty fast. Cheers.

Cool, glad I could help you out, BB. After all, I still owe you big for turning me onto Hua Hin, in addition to all the other great trip reports and photos over the years.

Yes, Opera is awesome. It's user interface has always been light years ahead of everything else; it was the first to use tabs, for example. And yeah, it tends to be faster than everyone else too when it comes to rendering pages. Trouble is, it is is 100 percent standards compliant, where IE, Firefox, et al, are not, to varying degrees. So a page optimized for IE can look effed up in Opera (making web development with Opera a true double-edged sword).

Okay, I'm done being a nerd. :geek:

Let's carry on with the ladyboys and whatnot (actually I'll be doing a lot of carrying on with ladyboys next week ... ).

• Upvote 1

Cool, glad I could help you out, BB. After all, I still owe you big for turning me onto Hua Hin, in addition to all the other great trip reports and photos over the years.

Let's carry on with the ladyboys and whatnot (actually I'll be doing a lot of carrying on with ladyboys next week ... ).

Always glad when I hear of another convert to HH. Enjoy your upcoming trip Four, maybe a TR with "Carry on....." in the title is in the offering. :winking0023: