Scandinavian Currencies

Pdoggg

Heads up.......don't bring Scandinavian banknotes to Thailand (probably many other places too).  You will get a horrendous exchange rate, not just a poor rate.

You can still use Wise or do other wire transfers and get an OK rate though.

If you must bring cash then exchange your banknotes at home for Euros and bring Euros.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I guess that Scandinavian traveling to Thailand are already used to changing their "local" currencies to euros or American dollars.  

In my post, I just assumed that it was easier for Scandinavians to exchange for Euros instead of USD at home.   However, if in their home country they can change for USD at the same percentage markup as for Euros then itis better to change for USD as the Buy-Sell spread in Thailand is tighter for USD than for Euros.

Btw, Bangkok Bank has updated their daily exchange rate 4 times today and it's not even 10:30 AM yet.   The recent political shenanigans  are causing volatility and the Buy-Ask spreads are somewhat wider than usual.  Parliament is meeting now but my Thai is mostly limited to bar talk such as "Did you eat rice today" so I don't understand what's going on.

• Like 1