Staying Logged In

btw, is there a way to change the timestamp of posts? it doesn't match the time of the location field that i set in my profile. tried looking for other settings in my profile but can't find anything.

Try going to:

1)My Settings

2) Change Time Zone

3)Save Changes

FF, Please let me know if this does not work. If doesn't work perhaps there is a fixed time foramt for the forum which should be able to be changed.

DLL I can't see any "My Settings" link. I only see a "My Profile / Account" link on top. No "Change Time Zone" link in there either.

I the upper right, below Newest Pics you should see Fried Funk and a drop dowm menu with one of the choices being My Settings.

The My Profile/Account you see are the options for the main website, not the forum.

Guest Stroker

Just got a note at 2PM Bangkok time from our programmers that Members can now stay logged in for 96 hours.

Let's first test this and if working properly then see if we want to tinker with the time a bit.

Guest Stroker

Want to make sure that both FF and SS are talking about the same thing.

Are we talking about staying logged on while your computer is still on?

Or staying logged on after you power down your computer?

Sam, Were you never able to stay logged on before so this was first time you could do so?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stroker

Our programmers made some changes that "might" have fixed the problem.

If you still can't stay logged in, please let us know what browser you use and what url you use to access the site. Thnx.

Guest Stroker

I usually leave my laptop on, which eventually goes into sleep mode after some inactivity. This is as good as powering down.

Our programmers say the problem is fixed a s long as one uses Sleep mode or Hibernation mode instead of powering down.

Sleep mode is great. Doesn't waste electricity but computer comes on in seconds. Hibernation takes a bit longer. I can't see any real advantage to powering down.

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player—the computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.

Sleep requires an extremely small amount of power. If your laptop battery charge gets critically low while the computer is asleep, Windows automatically puts the laptop into hibernation mode.

Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. While sleep puts your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power, hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows, hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use hibernation when you know that you won't use your laptop for an extended period and won't have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.

On most computers, you can resume working by pressing your computer's power button. However, not all computers are the same. You might be able to wake your computer by pressing any key on the keyboard, clicking a mouse button, or opening the lid on a laptop. Check the documentation that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.

Guy, Overnight, do you power down completely, put in Hibernate mode, put in Sleep mode, or some other option?

Hi Larry,

I power down. Safari. I choose 'remember me' here and on most other sites this works, unless I reset/delete cookies etc. As it stands, each time i hit the bookmark (after power up), I have to log in again. :) Haven't tried it over an extended session as I usually browse here then shut down the PC til next day.

• 2 weeks later...