English Premier League

Guest houndofthebaskervilles

Guest houndofthebaskervilles

Thought I would start this thread as the yanks have started one on Rugby with Armour(NFL).

1 rule only, do not call it SOCCER as its not SOCCER its football,the only football, dictionary definition a game played with feet hence the word foot before ball.

Soccer is a game played by girls in the schools and colleges of America, they even changed the damn rules at one time by banning draws and offsides.

Get a discussion going now on the greatest league in the world, yes I know the Spanish League is very good at times but how good would it be without Madrid and Barca as the rest of them are pretty ordinary to say the least,with the EPL 4 teams are capable at the very least of winning it and we get very few super one sided games with the exception of Wigan getting cunted on a regular basis PMSL.

A few talking points there come on guys lets get weaving.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know very much about ins and outs of the Premier League but I root for MU because of my mate Duke007. :)

Btw, in Pattaya, Coffee and Beer is a great place to see a match. 5 TV screens, 29 baht Leos, 45 baht large Changs, and for u big spenders 45 baht Heinies and San Mig.

• 1 month later...

Well this should interest you then Hound Lad :drinks:

What are the Omen's here with the great Nat Lofthouse of Bolton Wanderer's fame having passed away in January?

With Bolton Wanderer's against Stoke in one Semi-Final and the Manchester teams in the other heres Food for Thought for you.

The 1958 Cup Final between Bolton v Man United in which Bolton won 2-0 (both goals scored by Nat Lofthouse) will never be forgotten.

Not only sentiment because it came so soon after the Munich Air Disater, but by the way Nat scored his second goal when he bundled BOTH the ball AND the United goalkeeper Harry Gregg into the Net

The Referee let the goal stand too :shok: , something that would never happen these days for sure ( film footage and pics below)

http://www.britishpa...rd.php?id=35189

The other Scenario is that the last time Man City beat United in a FA Cup semi-final (3-0), they Lost in the Final to who ?????

Yes you've guessed it, Bolton Wanderer's

Im sure Nat will be looking down from the Heaven's with great interest come mid April and also in May should Bolton overcome Stoke :clapping:

post-136-063647700 1300203583.jpg

post-136-085738900 1300203615.jpg

post-136-019609900 1300203674.jpg

Talking of the FA Cup I earned my keep with the Stretcher at Old Trafford last Saturday in our tie against Arsenal due to the injury of Johan Djourou.

We had to Stretcher him straight to the Ambulance with his dislocated shoulder, the poor guy was in tears and in a hell of a lot of pain.

Thankfully the "laughing gas" helped ease the pain, no genuine fan likes to see this happen to an opposing player and I wish him a full recovery

Pic-1 Injury to Johan

Pic-2 My left Hand

Pic-3 You can just see my Gut and Big Nose behind the Paramedic at the back of the Stretcher

BTW, We won 2-0 :yahoo:

post-136-060490200 1300204393.jpg

post-136-018327700 1300204427.jpg

post-136-032069100 1300204469.jpg