Just Worked With A Transgender Captain-Pilot

I thought this story might be of interest to our esteemed readers/contributors.  Just got back from a trip last night and on days 1 and 2 the captain was transgender-man to woman.  It was obvious.  She was a big, big girl probably about 6 2 or 6 3 and had carried a few extra pounds.

The main reason I mention this is because what type of site this is.  I worked upfront so I had a lot of interaction with her as I do all the pilots when I work upfront.  What happened during the trip??  Well, nothing.  Everything was totally routine.  We had a minor incident during the flight as a customer was pretty sick and was puking.  As the purser I mentioned it to the pilots just to keep them in the loop.  In case it got a lot worse and we had to make some kind of decision that involved some kind of diversion on medical grounds.  For me its common sense and SOP to keep the pilots in the loop so they are not blindsided by some incident the cabin.

We all went to a layover together and worked the first flight out in the morning.  It was in white bread Salt Lake City.  As we walked thru the terminal to our transport, I looked out if anyone would have some kind of reaction in general as we walked thru the terminal.  I was a bit surprised but I didnt notice anyone outwardly stare and making comments under their breaths.  I dont know I kind of thought there would be but I didnt notice any.

I do know we have some out gay pilots and the within the airline there is even a gay pilots association.  

• Upvote 2

Oh I have to add, we used to have a TG flight attendant.  She looked pretty darned good too.  She was pretty passable.  Heard she got fired though.  To get fired at my company, you would have to do something pretty outrageous or get caught stealing.  if you  get caught stealing, then the union cannot help you at all no matter what it is......

It was in white bread Salt Lake City.  As we walked thru the terminal to our transport, I looked out if anyone would have some kind of reaction in general as we walked thru the terminal.  I was a bit surprised but I didnt notice anyone outwardly stare and making comments under their breaths. 

I reckon that it's incomprehensible to the average Mormon that there could possibly be a transgendered pilot.  They probably also might assume that a female pilot might look manly in a Janet Renoesque way.

The times they are a changing!    :biggrin:

Since we're talking about pilots, Brothel Batman Busted.

A United Airlines pilot, 51 year old Bruce Wayne Wallis, was arrested for running “a string of brothels in apartment complexes throughout Houston.”

Apparently he had “a half-dozen brothel apartments with six to 10 women in each one.” The women paid him “$400 a week to ply their trade.”

Let’s assume 48 prostitutes at $400 a week, he was taking in about a million dollars a year less expenses. That’s twice what what the flight attendant for a Gulf carrier made actually sleeping with passengers inflight. And no doubt a lot more than the Japanese flight attendants were making who were doing it to make up for declining wages at their airline.

As so often happens in these cases, 19 women were arrested on prostitution charges. No clients were arrested. No details of the ages of the women or circumstances were revealed.

The pilot “has been “removed from flight duties,” but currently remains employed at” United. So he’s no longer flying the friendly skies, but is out on $15,000 bond.

As for the business model, the Department of Homeland Security inspector general discovered in the secret service prostitution scandal that agents could avoid second guest charges in a room by joining Hilton HHonors. And naive people are renting out their homes on Airbnb for prostitution. The pilot, however, appears to have used fixed apartments rather than Airbnb or hotel rooms.

Despite being a pilot, it seems his was an entirely local operation. Travel costs can eat into profits. For instance former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer was only willing to pay for Amtrak’s regional train between New York and DC for women despite spending as much as $80,000 for services.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/03/24/united-airlines-pilot-arrested-running-brothels-houston/

Yeah I read this story.  Dont know the guy he flies on the Continental side.  It seems the 15K bond is kind of low.  If the DA really goes after him on trafficking charges, then he is looking at some substantial time.  his career is over.  I guess his nice Captains paycheck (yes he flew as a Captain left seat) wasnt enough.  Not enough for living in Houston??  Greedy bastard or maybe he got off on being a pimp....

• Upvote 1