Summer Reading List

Summer has always been a time for me to catch up on some reading that I have been wanting to read and haven't had time for. This summer, I want to read 10 books. I have not decided on all the books yet but here is the list of those waiting in my stack to read. Anyone else have a list of books they want to read this summer?

Summer Reading List

Point to Point Navigation: Gore Vidal

Malxom X: A life of Reinvention: Manning Marable

Accidental Genius: Mark Levy

Prayers for Sale: Sandra Dallas

The Angel Experiment: James Patterson

With Custer on the Little Bighorn: A Newly Discovered First-Person Account by William O. Taylor

I Fought With Custer: The Story of Sergeant Windolph, Last Survivor of the Battle of the Little Big Horn by Charles Windolph

Ten Years With Custer : A 7th Cavalryman's Memoirs by Sandy Barnard

Brazen Trumpet, Frederick W. Benteen and the Battle of the Little Big Horn by Terrence Donovan

I'm currently reading Beckett's "The Unnamable" (for the second time).

In my plans for after that are:

Harry Frankfurt's "On Bullshit"

Nabokov's "Invitation to a Beheading"

Albert Bermel's "A Dozen French Farces: Medieval to Modern"

(all 3 of which have just arrived from Amazon)

Beyond that not sure as yet.

Deadwood is the best tv series in history. Ian McShane as Al Swearengen and Timothy Olyphant as Seth Bullock are the two best characters in a tv series ever. In limited action, Keith Carradine did the best job ever of playing Wild Bill Hickock.

The only bad thing was the brain dead morons at HBO who canceled it after 3 seasons. Whomever decided that should be killed and fed to Wu's pigs.

Lefty, I agree with you. I loved Deadwood and wish they had carried Wild Bill's character longer.

What book of fiction would you recommend from this time period?

I'm not the best person to ask on any fiction books. I generally read history, or current events, or self improvement type books.

One friend gave me a copy of the book True Grit, that the movies were based on. That is a very good book.

Was thinking I'd read some classics downloaded free to my Kindle. Never downloaded to the Kindle before, a buddy of mine gave me one with some books already on it, mostly Thailand mysteries.

It appears that the "free" books are actually $2 via Whispernet. :diablo:

Two bucks doesn't sound like a lot but if it's free I can download liberally and chuck the book if it doesn't hold my attention in the first ten minutes.

How do i avoid Whispernet if downloading in Thailand or Cambodia so I can get the books for free.

Now since I'll be reading quite a bit at the summer house, it'd be nice to get some some books for my teerak.

Where in Pattaya is a good bookstore where my teerak can buy some books written in Thai to keep her occupied?

For your Kindle, go to the amazon.com site and download to your computer for free and then move over to the Kindle. That is what I do.

Also, use the Kindle App as it will sync with all the books and you can read on your computer as well. It even keeps track of what page you are on with each device.

Lastly, if you have an IPad, I love my Kindle books on IPad.

All the free books are free. But, if your Kindle is not the International one, it will charge you. The work around is just to download to the computer and then push them over to your device. :) That is what I do as I didn't see the need to upgrade to a more expensive Kindle just for International just to download in LOS when I can use the computer's internet to do the same. :)

• Upvote 1