Tumblr.com

Lefty

Does anyone else here have a blog on Tumblr? I had one for 2 years, followed all their rules, and without warning they decided to terminate my account. On the page where they inform you of this is a link and message that says to find out why, email them. So I did. After 3 days they still have not responded to me, even though I send 1-2 followup emails everyday. In the past whenever I needed to email their support, they replied within a day. 

I am frustrated and pissed off that all my time spent on there has been a waste. I usually added new stuff every week too. So it could not have been terminated for inactivity.  Just curious about anyone else's experience with Tumblr. 

Yeah I have a couple that I started over there this past year just for yuks, a tremendous timewaster tho, but I had some time to waste & unfortunately I'm mildly obsessive & that keeps me at it (Thank God I never got into video games).

So 2 days ago I got a note from one of my followers that they have reported me because of some pics I put up that they felt crossed a line ( the blog in question contains no nudity or sexual situations) because there were kids in them, mostly at public events like pageants & republished from newspapers or popular magazines. However I could see how some people might misinterpret the context so I deleted them before a brushfire started... again, nothing around them that couldn't be reprinted in Cosmo or Glamour magazines for example.

But I am waiting now for the closing of the blog by the tumblr star chamber.

So 2 days ago I got a note from one of my followers that they have reported me

But I am waiting now for the closing of the blog by the tumblr star chamber.

That's the problem we have with Facebook. 

We try very hard to comply with their terms and conditions but we get Reported and then get shut down.  I think some people who report us actually hit the Report button by accident.  If you can't read English, that's easy to do. 

With Facebook, you cannot send a mess\age and get a reply. At least with Tumblr before, whenever I'd send them a question they would answer it. They say very clearly that nude photos and sexual photos of people 18+ are accepted. Just make sure one marks their blog as NSFW, No Safe For Work. They do not want anyone blogging sex videos though, which is a policy they started since Yahoo took over, and the reason is because of the bandwidth they use. I think with a video though, unless it was many, they'd just delete it, not close an entire blog over one video.