Water or Electricity: Which would you miss most?

bumblebee

The water in my place was off till 4 today and it was a right pain as you can imagine. Toilet filled up as did dirty cooking utensils etc along with not being able to shower in this heat. Man I missed flowing water but is is worse or not being without electricity here for 12 hours or so?

Being without water for any extended period would not be a good thing at all, mainly for flushing purposes.

But compared to not being able to read the next daily BB question online without electricity doesn't bare thinking about.

Whatever next...

~ Do you hold hands with your teeruk when crossing the road?

~ Are you satisfied with the thickness of your curtains when the sun shines and you're trying to sleep?

~ How many items is your teeruk allowed to put in your shopping basket before you say something?

All available and, to my knowledge, so far unused  :biggrin:

Being without water for any extended period would not be a good thing at all, mainly for flushing purposes.

But compared to not being able to read the next daily BB question online without electricity doesn't bare thinking about.

Whatever next...

~ Do you hold hands with your teeruk when crossing the road?

~ Are you satisfied with the thickness of your curtains when the sun shines and you're trying to sleep?

~ How many items is your teeruk allowed to put in your shopping basket before you say something?

All available and, to my knowledge, so far unused  :biggrin:

Good questions but you forgot the most critical question.   Why do all 20/30/40b street stalls insist on using the 'Uri Geller' line of stainless steel cutlery and does it force you to take your own with you?

• Upvote 2

And for what its worth I say electric is most critical for me.   As without it, my water pumps don't work and if need be, I can always go and take a bucket of water from the swimming pool !!!   Saves on bathroom duck cleaner as well - pool water is full of chlorine. 

Guest sustra

The definition of 'flash of genius' fits perfectly in the 'liter of light', started by a Brazilian mechanic Alfredo Moser, perfected by engineers at MIT in Boston and now spreading rapidly in slums and shanty towns around the world, wherever there are houses huddled together and without electricity. The idea is  simple..... and it only takes one common plastic bottle filled with water, a bit 'of bleach and a hole in the roof. The bottle is placed in the roof, and can reflect the light of the sun to the point of creating inside the house, if properly installed, the same light as a 60 watt light bulb. Thanks to the foundation MyShelter the idea is spreading around the world, from Bangladesh to Tanzania.

• Upvote 1

The definition of 'flash of genius' fits perfectly in the 'liter of light', started by a Brazilian mechanic Alfredo Moser, perfected by engineers at MIT in Boston and now spreading rapidly in slums and shanty towns around the world, wherever there are houses huddled together and without electricity. The idea is  simple..... and it only takes one common plastic bottle filled with water, a bit 'of bleach and a hole in the roof. The bottle is placed in the roof, and can reflect the light of the sun to the point of creating inside the house, if properly installed, the same light as a 60 watt light bulb. Thanks to the foundation MyShelter the idea is spreading around the world, from Bangladesh to Tanzania.

Steady on there Sustra - you will have half of the residents of Soi Bukhaeu trying that trick just to save a few baht on the electric bill every month.   Even more so now, as with the curfew, many have lost the free light from various 7/11's and Family marts which conveniently lit up their rooms when they kept the curtains open in the evening.   

• Upvote 1

Being without Water worse by a long way....how could you survive without a bum hose . :yahoo:

And you can always locate your ladies'  "good parts" in the dark. :biggrin:

No contest....Cheers DK

Boot certainly likes his clean butt.  You brought one home if I am not mistaken?