Best Internet

etgohm

As l always stay at Mosiak l have no problems with their Internet, but a mate who will be travelling on business asked about the regular hotels as he will be staying in Patts for a week. In the past l have had some grief with various hotels with bad connections or nothing at all.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

ET

There is an option to buy an "air card" usb modem. This allows the user to access the internet via a prepaid sim card. The drawback is the speed is not as fast as wifi. The advantage is that is is quite reliable.

The download speed is approximately 21 MBps (via 3G). This is good for e-mail and casual web browsing.

An air card modem can be purchased from Tukcom . 

Here is a photo of one from North America:

10134476.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have a 3G aircard as a backup to my cable internet - there is no noticeable difference in speeds and the aircard thus far, is more reliable.    AIS is the service provider I am using. circa 3000b for the device and 990b month with max 3g download of 4gb, then it reverts to edge service which is paltry 256k download.     I believe all the service providers in Thailand, have such limits.  

AIS is certainly 3G covered in Pattaya - not sure about other companies.  

• Upvote 1