Asiana flight 214 (777 from ICN) crashes at SFO

xyzzy

I don't see how your experiences at Jeju are of any relevance to this topic. Besides, there's no need to go to Jeju to eat kim bap, next time try black pig meat or sam kjob sal from tong dweaji.

As I mentioned before the 9 hull losses of KE and the 3 of OZ are the only hull losses. There's no data on hard landings or tail strikes available. Any number thrown out is purely speculation as no airline would publicly give out such information if it can be avoided. BTW, Who's The Studly?

I assume you are referring to sam gyeop sal which i must say is delightful.

And you appear to have an interesting level of Korean knowledge given your reference to pig shit.

Jeju is famous for their interesting culinary treats given to their Jeju piggies to make them tasty. Best we keep that little secret to ourselves.

Are you sure you haven't got your wires crossed on that one, i was under the impression that dong dweaji is the least of our issues... :huh:

The three screen shots are one continuous post all written by the same guy. I needed three separate grabs to get the whole post. Your comment that it's all sour grapes because they fired him takes a very biased view. When I read it, it seems more like they wanted him gone because he crossed a few senior pilots who couldn't deal with the loss of face. I can't see how someone of his experience all of a sudden became an incompetent trainer who could no longer do his job. He did his job too damn well by the sound of it.

Comparing KAL & Asiana to the airlines you list who have also crashed isn't the point here. Yes, other airlines have crashes & hull losses but they have yet to plow a modern aircraft into the ground in perfect landing conditions. That thread in the pilot's forum on the SFO crash goes on & on about how could this happen. And if they can do it despite all the interventions you talk about designed to change the culture of the Korean airlines, I am inclined to agree with the theory that this won't be the last time they fly a perfectly good plane into the ground. Time will tell...        :hi:

Here's different view on the speculation surrounding this crash

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/2013-07-18/pilots-association-president-slams-ntsb-over-asiana-probe

I assume you are referring to sam gyeop sal which i must say is delightful.

And you appear to have an interesting level of Korean knowledge given your reference to pig shit.

Jeju is famous for their interesting culinary treats given to their Jeju piggies to make them tasty. Best we keep that little secret to ourselves.

Are you sure you haven't got your wires crossed on that one, i was under the impression that dong dweaji is the least of our issues... :huh:

Never learned to write Korean using the alphabet, not that I know of any rules dictating  a correct spelling, no problem doing it in Hangul however.

Having worked several years in South Korea and more it's more than an interesting level of Korean knowledge I have, must admit I was surprised to see that you appear to know more aswell than the average man in the street.

Jeju's delicacies indeed aren't the issue here, but I believe you started it off with a scenic tour of Jeju Island.

Itaewon, and the transgender bars would fit in more though... If you're still there, and if it's still there, Old Town (not a transgender bar, as they are called in South Korea) on hooker hill used to be a good pick up place for the occasional Korean Ladyboy.

From the link:

“That fueled rampant speculation about the cause of the accident, and without all the facts surrounding a catastrophic event like this, partial or incomplete information, out of context, can lead to erroneous conclusions and misguided assessments of the crew’s intentions and actions,” Moak told the safety forum.

An article warning against rampant speculation... :shok:

Well there's the first blow in the coming whitewash of this crash. Soon the pilots will be vindicated & by the end of it, they will be praised as heroes. Oh yes folks, this is going to be one long PR campaign to make this out to be a perfectly normal event & without those "brave / resourceful / heroic" (take your pick) pilots, even more passengers would have died.

And email is in the forefront of correcting the public perception. Again I invite him to explain why.