Miss Tiffany Universe 2009 becomes monk

rxpharm

Here's a interesting story from The Bangkok Post: http://bangkokpost.com/news/local/349767/miss-tiffany-universe-2009-winner-sorrawee-jazz-nattee-enters-monkhood

Miss Tiffany winner enters monkhood
Published: 13 May 2013 at 15.10 Online news: Local News
The winner of the Miss Tiffany Universe 2009 contest, Sorrawee "Jazz" Nattee, entered the monkhood on Sunday at a temple in the southern province of Songkhla, it was reported on Monday.

According to the family of the transsexual beauty pageant winner, Jazz, 24, had breast implants but never had transgender surgery. The silicon implants had since been removed.

"I want to be a monk for the rest of my life and I'm ready to leave my worldly possessions behind," Jazz said after becoming a monk at Wat Liab in his home province.

"It's not that I've become a monk to run away from problems, but I've studied dharma for two years and now know what it truly is."

The monk, whose ordination name is Phra Maha Viriyo Bhikku, which means one who is diligent, said he took part in the transsexual beauty contest four years ago because his parents urged him to.

He added that he also wanted to enter the monkhood to repay his parents.

The former Miss Tiffany went through the ordination phra phut ceremony last month, the report said.

The abbot of Wat Liab said Jazz did not conceal the fact that he participated in the Miss Tiffany beauty contest.

"Jazz is 100% man, emotionally and physically," the abbot said.

In Thailand, only males can become Buddhist monks.

After she was crowned there had been a number of stories about conflicts she had with other lbs.

On an aside, i find it strange that the English Thai newspapers have not yet picked up on the story of Miss Tiffany Universe 2013 winner. Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with her complexion? Normally they pick up the story within a few days after the contest and it's been 10 days.

Here's the photo from the news story.

post-289-0-09364700-1368464902_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Yes, BB. It isn't unusual for an lb to revert being a male, but this is almost unheard of for a major contest winner. However, Jazz did not really parlay her crown into more success as some of the other past winners have.

Here's another before an after photo of her from Bangkok Post.

post-289-0-89367900-1368556012_thumb.jpg