Shooting death at Full Moon party

My facebook page was filled with RIP's and news yesterday about one of the fire boys from the Cactus Bar on Haad Rin beach on Koh Phangan. Seems like he took three rounds to the chest on the morning after full moon a few days back and died immediately.

Young Thai guy, probably 25 or so.......I knew him, but just to wave hello; he was always friendly and cordial, unlike a lot of the local beach bar guys who are just plain A-holes. Seemed some other Thai guy didn't like him very much; he pulled up in a small boat at about 7am, drilled the guy in the chest right in front of Cactus bar and got back in his boat.....he was later caught on the mainland near Surat Thani.

No news organizations have picked it up yet as far as I can tell, not even Thai Visa....but I just called a Danish friend of mine and he confirmed it and said it may have been linked to some kind of drug deal or non-payment gone bad.

As usual, beware when attending the FMP, mind your own business and don't piss off one of the locals....and as my buddy Archie would say; Be Careful out there!

• Upvote 2