What's The Going Rate For Short Time and Long Time?

DownLoLarry

How much do they cost for a ST and LT?

For some reason this topic often elicits groans or starts flame wars on other forums.

But before my first trip to Thailand, probably the most important thing I wanted to know is

exactly what is the going rate. And if I were going somewhere I've never been such as Brazil, this would indeed be a question I'd like answered.

Only by knowing the going rate, can a guy make an informed decision as to what is generous and what is chintzy.

Like most things, it's relative.

Each guy determines what his "going rate" is through trial and error, or by basing it upon what's generally accepted by some of the other guys.

Some guys pride themselves on paying as little as they can, one guy I saw recently felt like a real stud because instead of paying, he claims he pretends he wants to be a sponsor/boyfriend and gets the girls to bang him for free. (I can claim that they also pay me fly to Thailand because I'm such a stud... this is the internet afterall!)

I don't like to overpay, but I definitely don't want to try to browbeat a girl for every last baht, especially when we're talking about the difference between a Starbucks coffee and donut (in my terms) -vs- a weeks worth of dinners (in her terms). In other words, 500 baht ($15) means very little to me, but an awful lot to her.

With that said, I THINK I normally pay 1000 baht to the girl for short-time, and 2000 baht for long time. I'll sometimes pay 1500 baht for long time, it depends upon the situation. Bar fines are in addition to that.

I say "I THINK I normally pay.." because I've already forgotten exactly what I paid last trip, but that sounds about right.

I ain't actually paid regularly in a few years...and no I don't get it for free,,,I lived with a ladyboy for about two years and paid in many different ways...but as I recall, I pretty much follow DT's fee schedule except I never do short-time...1500 to 2000 baht is a fair estimate for long-time in Pattaya...I have no idea what folks pay in BKK but I expect it is more...I think for short-time guys in Pattaya pay between 500 and 1000 baht depending on the bar, the girl and the horniness factor...

• Upvote 1

All Pattaya bars are not created equal. It's not unusual for a beer bar girl to go for 500ST-1000 LT (not including bar fine). Although 700ST-1200LT happen also. Short time on Soi 6 700 not including the room. As you go to more upscale bars prices tend to get higher. More like 1200-2000LT. There might be at least one GoGo where they often ask for more than 2000 (it will remain nameless). Generally everything costs more on Walking Street.

In the good old days, all of five years ago, you could take a girl from a beer bar and give her 500ST-1000LT without ever discussing the price. That was just the norm back then. IMO these days it's best to makes sure both parties have an agreement before leaving the bar.

• Upvote 1