Valentine's Day In Thailand

pdogg

There's 5 non-Thai holidays which get celebrated in Thailand, of course more so in big cities and areas with a falang prescence.

Christmas, New Year's, Chinese New Year's, Halloween, and Valentine's Day.

Was quite a stir a few years ago, when 11% of the teenage respondents said they planned to lose their virginity on V-day. So the aithorities imposed a curfew in Bangkok for kids that night. B)

Happy Valentine's Day, Hansum mens!

V Day is Japan is a whole other ball game. :sword: It's like this holiday was made for Japanese people: flowers :give_rose:, chocolate/cake, presents with cute little bows, the color red, etc. In fact, they took to it so much, they decided that one day wasn't enough! :wacko: We now also have "White Day" one month later, on March 14th.

Breaks down like this: Valentine's Day the girls give to the boys only. :air_kiss: And White Day the boys give to the girls. We come out on top in this system, as we can sit back and see what the ladies do for us, and then can return in kind. And of course, White Day is much more subdued and we can get away with less... :thumbsu:

Interesting FB. It seems this is not restricted only to Japan.

This morning my Thai GF gave me a Valentine's gift and I had nothing to give her back (I forgot). She told me it did not matter because Valentine's Day was the time for girls to give the guys a gift of love. Then in March the guys give the girls something to express their love and appreciation. She also said the gift from the man to the woman in March must equal 3 times the value of whatever the lady gave the guy on Valentine's Day. I laughed thinking she was joking. She wasn't. Apparently this is tradition from where she comes from.

The Thai ladies sure have this shit down to a find art.

Gotta love this country.