Hacking cheap airfare from USA (& other places?)

Hefe

Ok, if you're willing to put in a bit of time, & have some FF points put aside (you should from your last trip to LOS :biggrin: , otherwise get a credit card that gives you 40-50,000 points on a airline that goes to BKK), & are just interested in getting there cheaply, as opposed to traveling in style, here is an airfare hack you might use.

I am using New York City as my base. (This should also be of interest to residents & long term visitors of LOS.)

The site is aerosvit.com ..... yes, everybody's favorite: Ukrainian Airlines!

The trick here is to book it as a round trip originating in BKK, eg., your return (BKK-NYC) dates are chronologically first & the outbound ticket (NYC-BKK) as the basis for your next trip. Obviously in order to get to BKK first you will have to cash in a OW FF award for the first outbound trip to BKK.

Why do this? On Nov 6 .....after you've enjoyed the ladyboy volleyball tournament, Morlam & off season hotel rates, BKK- NYC will cost you $280.71! Your return on Feb 3 or 5 for the GOTC will be $343.20.

(Obviously you will have to arrange to do the RT again to get home... I wonder if these prices are available at Thai Travel agencies? Perhaps the ones in Patts with Russian laguage signs?)

One of the things that seems to effect the price is the little drop down menu at the top of the page: "Your Region", the same trip on same dates will have different pricing when you play with that. They seem to originate flights in most major European & several No. American cities.

Why... they may even have a bus picking up all the Russians on the plane at BKK & you can travel with the package groups all the way to Pattaya!!!

post-230-0-62824800-1341091119_thumb.png

• Upvote 1