Buying a Camera

bumblebee

Nice resource BB.

Noob question here, if bringing a camera bought in the States to the LOS or vice versa, is there any AC/DC issues with using the charger?

Good question, and to be honest I am not sure. My 2 Panasonices are the North American models/versions of the camera. One I bought in MBK and the charger worked fine, both in Thailand and Ireland, the other I bough online, and it works fine on the Irish electrical system.

I use a Nikon D3000 with a variety of lenses , charging is no issue unless you are of the 110v variety even then you just need a $10 adaptor, mine is UK spec and is the usual 220-240 v.

One tip though if you are planning a trip and have a SLR ,check out buying aditional lens in LOS ,I picked up a basic 70mm-300mm auto focus with stabiliser for 6100bht at big camera shop in Central then 7% tax refund at the airport , cheapest price in UK for identical lens was £190 which is around 9000bht.

Hi Fido! :-)

I bought a Nikon S3000 before my last trip and it's smarter than me by a long way. Still learning but it's given some good pics so far, even for me.

Beachboy