Lost My Mind - 6 Weeks Soon

randiuno

Ok,

I just returned stateside after 20 days in Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, and Sihanoukville), and then spending week vacationing with my kids for Christmas. Now I realize I still have no realistic job prospects, and can't seem to find the motivation to update my resume...which is pretty impressive except that I haven't held a job since Feb 2010!

So what is the answer...6 weeks in SouthEast Asia! I think I'm going to hit Pattaya for three days just to say I've done it, then not sure, except that I will get on plane to fly to Cebu and spend about two weeks in Phillipines.

Anybody, got any suggestions for how one can spend about 30 days between Thailand, Vietnam and maybe Laos without getting over extended on the travel time (I will probably rely on buses since I'm a cheap Charlie when it comes to transportation). Although, I'm thinking of doing just Thailand for about 20 plus days, and jump back for a revisit to Cambo for few days to see how it feels a second time around.

Question: Is Chiang Mai and the north of Thailand recovered from the flooding earlier this year?

Any feedback is appreciated.

RandiUno