BKK mourning period closings

Gutsy

I walked down Soi 4 to Nana last night.  More Africans than earlier this month.  How are they allowed to operate.  They were moved off of lower Sukhumvit recently and have set up shop along Soi 4 down past NEP.  Their pimps don't seem to be around after a sweep of them a couple months ago, but surely someone behind them.

I stopped into Temptations for a drink. Far more girls working there than a couple weeks ago during the mourning period which has subsided. Go Go's now open till 2 A.M.  I sat down and was quickly surrounded by 3 LB's who were all asking me for a drink before I could even get a view of the other talent.  Taliesha and old hand from Casanova is now one of two mamasons there.  She moved in as well.  I told her to move them out and that I will be doing the choosing who I drink with not them. She barked out to them I was just looking.  I ordered a SML and finally the girls got up on stage.  About 20 to 25 in all. Also had 4 or 5 other customers inside.  I saw a sultry blonde standing on the rail outside and I invited her in for a LD.  LD's are 170 and if the girls want to drink beer she gets a small glass with ice in it?  Sofia the LB sitting with was soon working on a bar fine.  Typically says she can do everything, but when I tell her I like LT she says she doesn't do that at least for the rate I pay.  

IMG_9946.JPG

I guess Taleisha thought that Sofia needed her help and came over saying you can bar fine her? No shit really is what I feel like saying but I hit her with check bin please.  She gets the message and scrams.  Sofia is also former Casanova girl, who tells me she works for an agency too. No wonder she thinks she can get silly money.  I had seen and heard enough so left Nana just after 10:30.  Walked to the Nana BTS station. when I turned right on Soi 4 onto Sukhumvit I noticed a pack of freelancing LB's. Tee Tee former Cascader was among them.  As I walked towards the BTS I noticed only mobile vendors along lower Sukhumvit.  It was strange looking across Sukhimvit and seeing only people walking without the vendors.  The sidewalk vendors were lined up after Soi 7.  

I took the BTS to Asoke station and walked down to Why Not Bar. Easy to find. Jus look to you right after passing Soi 18 before Soi 20 and you can see the Why Not sign from Sukhumvit. No name on the Soi/alley. They have indeed added more talent and theme nights. Last night was red attire.  The bar is getting some walk by business.  I saw a couple punters come and only stay for a drink. One of the guys who was with another fella asked Nam (owner) if this was a ladyboy bar. she handled it very eloquently.  I bar fined one of the many Lao girls they have working there. Caught a Taxi back to Sukhumvit on my 2nd try for a meter.  Took me to corner of Sukhumvit and soi 4 where we jumped out with just a 40 baht fare.

Saw quite a few freelancers once again.  The big difference along soi 4 from a couple weeks ago was there was plenty of live music and bars visibly open after midnight.  Stopped in Country Roads Bar further down soi 4 near my hotel.  the band had just finished there.  They stay open until 2 A.M. but continue to 3 A.M. if still have customers.  The only LB they have on staff wasn't working this night. Mostly little chunker GG's. Glad that I brought my own.  

Take away from Why Not bar "Michele"

IMG_0010.JPG

I tipped the at bartenders with Tequila shots so they would play my requests.  I probably would have stuck around longer if they didn't keep filtering in thai music which only they wanted to hear.  Decided my time would be better spent in the room with Michelle.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

• Upvote 2