Prayut Just Joking About USA Travel Ban

Pdoggg

Just joking.   8P

Didn't call Yank's Septics either, lol

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday denied his earlier remark at a business forum that he was not allowed to enter the United States, saying he didn't really mean it by just only joking.

The forum was organised by the US-based Wharton University of Pennsylvania last Friday.

He said, “I was only joking as many participants at the conference were Americans.”

He didn’t mean what he said as he joked he was banned entry while he allowed them to come in freely.

He said it was the media that sensationally played up his joke and turned it into an issue.

“I just teased them on whether or not they would deter me from going to the US while I do not bar them from doing business here and they laughed,” Gen Prayut said.

Gen Prayut said he will visit the US in September to attend the UN General Assembly in New York, accepting an invitation from UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon.

He said some diplomatic procedures must be attended to prior to his visit.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-says-its-just-a-joke-for-travel-ban-to-the-us