Are you on Facebook...unintentionally?

bumblebee

Many of us have some type of FB presence be it our real id or an alias. We use one for the forum and from time to time the LBs post photos, usually in a bar, with customers faces in the background which appear in updates and which we delete if possible. But of course they still appear in all their friends update feeds.

With smartphones a photo is taken and before you have finished your beer it is being Liked and shared among friends and god knows who. Something to keep in mind with even the most innocuous photo if you are trying to keep a low profile on the scene. Maybe you have told another LB you have gone home or the boss thinks you are in another part of the world..so many possibilities for potential hassle.

• Upvote 1

With smartphones a photo is taken and before you have finished your beer it is being Liked and shared among friends and god knows who.

The smartphone is the game changer.

It's fairly easy to avoid a big ole camera in bars.  But nowadays everyone is snapping away on their phone.

I'm not planning to run for the Senate so it's not that big a deal if my photo is circulated but I do prefer to keep a low profile.

It's tough to fly under the radar nowadays.

• Upvote 1