Them and Us.

bumblebee

I always find it amusing how many people particularly females are not happy with their skin colour. Anyone who has spent time in Los cannot but have noticed all the ads for getting pale skin.

Yet back home in the west the girls are slapping on fake tan, tannimg shops are doing good business and the amount of locals in my town going for the lobster look yesterday was in stark contrast to my other half who was sitting in the shade because of the fear of getting any darker.

It's a funny old world.

We were walking in Imperial World in Samrong the other day when a lass from one of the clinics rushed the lady I was with to get her to take their treatments for skin whitening.  I was proud to hear the response: "No, he likes my skin dark".

Nice to be on a winner.

• Upvote 2

Another eyebrow raising situation today.  Being summer here we usually have a punnet of strawberries in the house.  I offered them to my tilak earlier and asked would you like some sugar to dip them in?  No she replied, I want salt. (Apparently this is the way many eat then in Los).  And salt she had and salt they were indeed dipped in.